Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth can't connect with Win 10 laptop although paired

(Topic created on: 26-01-2022 06:15 PM)
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

Hiya, subject of this post basically. Even though I have paired my Dell Win 10 laptop with my S20 FE 5G via BT but when I try to connect by tapping on the paired device name from mobile BT settings, it says can't connect 😞 Any known fix to this?

42 REPLIES 42
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
0 Likes
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options
Thanks, I have checked all those before posting here 🙂 I am able to connect my phone to BT Speaker, my laptop to BT speaker but can't get the same phone to connect the laptop even though they are paired, have sent almost 5 hours trying all I could after google search, YouTube videos etc and that included Services.msc, regedit, uninstall reinstall BT drivers and what not.
AndrewL
Options

@onlytanmoy: To troubleshoot the issue, please start by pressing the Volume Down and Side Keys together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, as this will refresh the device and address any temporary issues. Don't worry, this won't affect your personal data or settings. I also recommend heading to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 lines to the right of 'Your Apps' > Show System Apps > OK > Bluetooth > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data. You should also make sure that your device is up to date by heading to Settings > Software Update > Download and Install. If the issue persists, head to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > Tap the cog to the right of your PC, and forget the connection. Toggle Bluetooth off, then on again, make your PC visible by following the manufacturers instructions, and re-pair to see if this helps. Please ensure that you are within Bluetooth range of your PC when attempting the connection, and you don't have any other active Bluetooth connections on your S20. 

0 Likes
onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

Thanks for your response Andrew. I have done all those plus 'Reset Network settings' in the mobile. As I said I did invest quite a lot of hours in my attempt to fix this :smiling-face:

I have unpaired the laptop as you said and now when I am trying to pair it I am getting this message 'Couldn't pair. Check settings for this device and try again.' in my S20.

onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

Latest update: I followed this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44NDdYJY1l4&feature=emb_imp_woyt) and can send/receive files like how it is shown in that video.

In my laptop I see as below attached image.

In my mobile under BT -> Paired devices - I can see my Desktop-xxx, when I tap on that it says connecting.... and finally says 'Couldn't connect'  😞

Can you please tell me what happens for you when you tap on paired desktop name in your mobile?
Thanks!

BT.png

VegetarianBike
Student
Options
I am having the EXACT same issue. Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 (Windows 10) and using Samsung S20.

Both my laptop and phone are fine connecting to other devices. The only issue is when I try to connect my phone to my laptop via Bluetooth. It just says "could connect to device" on my phone. If I remove the device from my laptop and unpair on my phone as well, hence reconnecting as if it was never done before, it pops up asking to pair on the phone and laptop (so they are obviously somewhat communicating) but right after the initial pairing is done, it can not connect.

Weird thing is that I was able to connect my phone via Bluetooth earlier on but now it has broken and I cannot find a fix. REALLY frustrating, I loved using Samsung DeX/Flow wireless.

It's been a while since you posted, any luck?

onlytanmoy
Pioneer
Options

No mate, still the same even though I am now on Windows 11 in my laptop and One UI 4.0/Android 12 on the S20 FE.

VegetarianBike
Student
Options
Aw man, was thinking upgrading to Windows 11 would fix it. This is really annoying, I can't really find any other things on the internet with this exact issue.
Members_zokAlPt
Student
Options

Open The phone Companion on your PC or dowload it from microsoft store and remove any phone thats linked (if any) then add a device and ensure you have installed The link to windows app on your phone also and open that up as well. On The Phone Companion on your PC request the option to create a QR code and go to The link to Windows on your phone and select the option to scan a QR code and this will link your phone and pc.

If you had a previous phone linked and not removed it from The Phone Companion on your PC you will still connect via bluetooth but unable to link and will keep saying Can't connect etc