Did you mean: 

Bixby Voice Permissions

(Topic created on: 20-10-2021 11:12 PM)
LBA
First Poster
Options

Hi folks,

First time posting here.

I have an S20 FE and when trying to turn off permissions for Samsung's pre installed apps like Bixby Voice I find it is not possible. How can I be in control of my data/privacy if I'm not in control of all the permissions on my phone?

Moreover, I really don't see how the app needs these permissions all the time? All this from an app that I don't want and can't uninstall...?

Screenshot_20210526-155103_Permission controller.jpg

Screenshot_20210526-155150_Permission controller.jpg

Screenshot_20210526-155154_Permission controller.jpg

  

Screenshot_20210526-155158_Permission controller.jpg

Screenshot_20210526-155202_Permission controller.jpg

I have my location turned off and make a habit of it when I'm not using maps. Something on my phone keeps turning it back on again, without my permission. The little location pin appears at the top right of screen in the status bar and when I drag down from the top of the screen to access the quick access menu I find the location services are turned back on again. Usually, if an app without permission requests location access you get a pop-up with a request for permission. This doesn't happen and the only app with undeniable permission to my phones location all the time is Bixby Voice. I thought that I was mistaken at first but its happening regularly. Its happened twice while writing this post. Can someone explain why please? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@LBA 

hello 

embedded apps can't be uninstalled, but can be disabled

♦ head to Settings → Apps → tap hamburger icon → tap Show System apps → tap all Bixbys → Disable || then Storage → clear data

♦ reassign Bixby button too so will not wake up

open Phone Settings → search above "side key" → untick Bixby

♦ then, turn off all Bixby services

open Phone Settings → search above "Bixby" → switch off all menu related to Bixby

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

Quacks007
First Poster
Options

And that is totally unnacceptable, I'll admit samsungs are far better than Iphone but they are still exptremely poor for the insanely high price, Imma make it very clear to you guys ONCE, you either provide FULL control on MY end or this s10 I own is the last device I ever buy from samsung because I feel exactly like the poster above and most likely millions of your customers, very unsatisfied customers, who want NOTHING to do with some of your embedded ***** programs and want them OFF OUR PHONES, period. FIgure a patch and make it fast,  you may think these trinkets apps are cute and make you seem original, they only ***** us the ***** off, stay in your lane, make phones that works and make it so the owner is in full cotrol, security, additional functions and so on are NOT YOUR BUSINESS, stay the hell out of it, I will install the apps I want, without your input.

User1231
Student
Options

Agreed  Android is ***** bullshit. Goofy ***** made me make an account just to post this.. ***** you clowns who work there. 

0 Likes
User1231
Student
Options

They changed it so you can't follow these steps exactly anymore. Shiesty little ***** they are. 

0 Likes
Cog4fun
First Poster
Options

Yes, now you have to go to settings, search bixby permissions & you will get a list. Tap each one & you can toggle them off one by one.

Screenshot_20230326_183859_Permission controller.jpg

0 Likes