Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby routines don't work

(Topic created on: 16-04-2022 02:41 PM)
Maxvax
Navigator
Options
Bixby routines are a great idea in theory, but very hit and miss in practice. The main problem seems to be with any routine using location as a stipulation for an action. It can be something as simple as keeping your phone unlocked at home, or changing several settings when you're out and about. Either the routine doesn't work at all, or it partly works, or it works sometimes, but only triggers up to 30 minutes later. 
I don't know what Bixby uses for location detection eg. Google Maps, phone carrier signal, but it doesn't seem to work.
I don't know whether it's a problem with Bixby, location detection, or an OS issue, but as it stands, any routine that is contextual with where you are is next to useless.
I find it hard to believe Samsung aren't aware of this, as there must be many routines that use location in them. 

2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Maxvax: If you open an app that uses your Location, such as Google Maps, is it able to pinpoint your location? If not, head to Settings > Location > Improve Accuracy, and toggle on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Scanning. Tap the Back button > Google Location Accuracy > On > Google Location Sharing > On. Swipe from the top of the screen and make sure that Location is highlighted in the Quick Panel, and let me know if you notice an improvement. 

0 Likes
Maxvax
Navigator
Options
Yes, all these settings are on. Does Bixby routines use Google Maps for location?
0 Likes