Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Biometric authentication not working in 3rd party apps since the ONE UI 4 update

(Topic created on: 11-02-2022 08:17 PM)
Members_b2sgy9J
Pioneer
Options

Title says it all. Another thing the update broke for me is biometric (fingerprint) authentication in both of the banking apps I use. 

I have tried clearing the cache, reinstalling the apps. Yes I have cleared the cache partition also. After a restart it sometimes work but after the problem comes back. When trying to enable fingerprint authentication in the given apps it just doesn't work and the app says "an error has occured". 

Any chance having this fixed without a factory reset?

S20+ Exynos.

13 REPLIES 13
s20user7
Apprentice
Options

Samsung, when Fix?!

Members_b2sgy9J
Pioneer
Options

So it isn't fixed by the February update? That sucks.

Interestingly in fact it works in my every other app (even 3rd party, for example the app I use to pay parking fees) but not the two banking apps I also use. 

s20user7
Apprentice
Options

Indeed last update didn't fix it. And yes, I can use biometrics to unlock phone, enter my Telegram account, but few banking apps are only working after phone restart and in few hours it's not working again. Tried clearing cache via recovery mode, doesn't fix it.

0 Likes
Solution
Members_b2sgy9J
Pioneer
Options

As I have stated in my other topic, not sure why but I can no longer reproduce this issue. I guess I will wait a few weeks before installing any significant update from now on...