Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Battery

(Topic created on: 11/05/21 17:22)
dainis_cakuls
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I am getting mad now. My battery keeps draining so fast. The limit background setting doesn't work. Then when I don't want apps running in the background they still are. Someone please help as I'm getting mad now. 😑 The battery is draining fast. 
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hi just want to ask have you got enhanced processing on?
0 Likes
dainis_cakuls
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
No. Had that off since day 1. I have the s20fe 4g.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@dainis_cakuls: Sorry to hear of your frustration. How long have you had your Galaxy S20 FE for? The phone features an intelligent battery that learns your usage patterns over time, and optimises the battery accordingly, however it can sometimes take a few weeks for the benefits to become tangible. In the meantime, please attempt the following energy saving tips in an effort to improve your overall battery life.

- Shut down all background apps when not in use via the Recent Apps button
- Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Nearby Device Scanning > Off
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Mobile Data and Bluetooth when not in use
- Head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Power Saving Mode > On, and check the additional options below
- Go back and select More Battery Settings > Adaptive Battery > On. 

0 Likes
dainis_cakuls
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I've had my phone since the end of February 2021.
0 Likes
dainis_cakuls
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I already have all those things off and the stuff needed on.
0 Likes
dainis_cakuls
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I have put apps like Snapchat in sleep and disabled background running but yet it keeps running in the background.
0 Likes
ianbuk
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
This is a cut-down copy of a post I put on earlier. It is a combination of two things. First is your settings, second is the pathetic Exynos chip.

Tom's guide published a report today, DxOMark, which is usually known for its camera tests, has now started testing the battery life of smartphones. As expected, the Galaxy M51 topped DxOMark’s battery test chart with a score of 88 points. The Snapdragon 888 version of the Galaxy S21 Ultra scored 70 points, while the Exynos 2100 version of the phone scored 57 points. A massive difference!

So here's my conclusion. If Samsung intends on using the dramatically inferior Exynos Chip in this summers expected Note 21, then I'm going to revert back to the phone named after a fruit. I have three Note 20 Ultra's, S20 Ultra, Tab S6, Tab S7 and Galaxy Flex Pro Laptop. I even have a few Samsung TV's! I like to have my phones, tablets and laptop's all by the same manufacturer. It makes connection and sharîng of messages, history, etc etc shared and kept up to date easier. 

I cannot be the only customer who has finally got fed up of being taken advantage of with an inferior AND more expensive phone than a US customer, can I?

0 Likes
dainis_cakuls
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
So what am I supposed to do about my battery life. I don't use it for gaming but just for camera and social stuff. Is there anyway I can make the speed of the cpu go lower or something.
0 Likes
dainis_cakuls
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Anyone able to help me somehow extend my battery life or something? I've seen lots of users get a full day.
0 Likes