Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery

(Topic created on: 01-03-2023 07:12 PM)
ejm46
Explorer
Options
Has anyone noticed that the battery drains quickly since new update I'm only getting 50% after 3hrs 
5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @ejm46 Are you running the general optimisation techniques, have you noticed any particular changes in the Battery stats of Device care?  Best to put some apps which are not used a great deal in sleep Mode and to only have connections like wifi,Bluetooth and GPS only running when necessary. it may help if the Ultra Wideband is switched off.  Some apps such as Tiktok in particular and Facebook can be Battery Hogs.

However it is advisable to wipe the cache partition after Updates, this deletes temporary files but keeps your Data intact.  Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Repairing Apps from the same Recovery Menu can also make a difference, option also to use the  Galaxy Apps Booster available from the Good Guardians suite.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Midge123
Voyager
Options
No sorry I have not noticed on my s20 ultra since the last update any battery loss
0 Likes
ejm46
Explorer
Options
Thank you I will try that tomorrow
Members_gRV0WPG
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. I wiped out the cache, proceeded to a factory reset and even had the battery replaced but it didn't fixed anything, the battery discharges over night even with the phone turned off... Hope this might be fixed by the next software update.

0 Likes
ejm46
Explorer
Options
Same here 👍
0 Likes