Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery (that old chestnut)

(Topic created on: 25-03-2021 05:31 AM)
ALSY
Navigator
Options
I hate to be that bloke who comes on the forum  moaning about battery life, but has anybody noticed a severe decline in battery life on the S20 recently (last couple of months)? 

I don't normally gripe about battery as I accept that a day is good enough with moderate to hard use, but I'm on fumes by evening lately and I can't put my finger on why. Everything is dialled down to medium – battery saver on, 70% processor, modeling resolution, etc. The only odd thing is that my Alexa app sits in the background all day even though it's meant to be managed, it's meant to be deep sleeping,and background activity is meant to be prevented 🤣.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

Cheers 👍
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I just find s20 battery life appalling full stop and the same from the samsungs I have owned, I think the problem with s series is they focus on sleekness and the battery are just too small for 5G 120hz devices, I get 5 hours sot with wqhd on and 120hz off, I love everything about my s20 so I just accept the poor battery life. For ideas it sounds like you have done everything you can, you don't want to restricted the phone too much, my phone generally lasts 1 day buy if I'm using it heavy by 5pm its turned off
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
To compare my old iPhone 11 Pro would get 8 hours sot each and every day and i would go to bed with 40% on average shame about the rest of the phone 🤣
0 Likes
ALSY
Navigator
Options
Cheers for the reply. I was easily getting through a day before but all of a sudden it's just declined. I wonder if it's the last update. Thanks again.
0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
I think A series are by far better Samsung phones when it comes to battery life. I have had my phone on since around 8am and its only gone down to 84% and I have been using it a fair bit from music to games to browsing. I dont think I will ever by a more expensive phone than A series. I love their battery life 😊
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
It could be, are you a heavy user and how old is the phone? The battery could be degrading but its most likely the update as lots have had issues, my battery has always been the same but I am a very heavy user
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea I think you said that in the past and I bet the a72 will be amazing, however just don't want to give up that wireless charging my car has wireless charging and I have a stand next to my bed, I also like compact phones so battery wise nothing will ever beat the iPhone 11 Pro for battery, people will probably say go get an iPhone then but I fell out with them and I much prefer samsung so I will just deal with the battery life but that doesn't stop me moaning 🤣🤣
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I think the problem with s series is there is too much power and not enough battery
0 Likes
ALSY
Navigator
Options
Since the last update my battery life (standby time) has leapt from 20 hours to 1 day 5 hours. Then device is also much cooler. It remains to be seen how this will translate into actual usage but the signs are promising. 🙂
0 Likes
Bigslime96
Pathfinder
Options

Yeah my s20fe battery drops real quick

Thinking about changing the battery 

Cause i can barely use the phone 8 hours

0 Likes