Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Battery issues?

(Topic created on: 08-03-2021 08:04 PM)
Daisy888837e
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I got the Samsung s20 FE 4G back in January, for the first few days, the battery was great and would last me around 12-13 hours with typical use. Ever since then the battery life has been awful, I usually have to charge it twice throughout the day (I don't charge it overnight) I usually have it around 85-90 before I sleep, and it's drained about 30% from the time I sleep till I wake (5-7 hours). The battery life has been poor for me, I've tried turning location off, always on display off, Bluetooth off. Putting apps in sleep/deepsleep. Low brightness. I'm stuck on what to do apart from send it in for repairs. 
10 REPLIES 10
pete007
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
screen time and brightness are normally overlooked
turn off adaptive brightness and manually turn the brightness down as for screen time that's upto you
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Here are some tips from me:

• Keep Dark Mode on at all times if you don't mind.

• Go to Settings, then Connections, go to More Connection Settings and turn Nearby Device Scanning off (it wastes a lot of battery).

• Uninstall any unused apps, it will save memory and reduce the background battery drain.

• Use a darker wallpaper if possible.

• Turn off NFC, Wifi, Bluetooth and etc when you aren't using them as it will save lots of battery.

Extra Tip: Charge your phone to 99% and turn your phone completely off in the night. I do this every night and when I turn my phone on in the morning, it is still at 99% battery.

Please let me know if you see better battery life on your phone after you use these tips. Hope this helped!
CodyH
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
my battery can go down fast but that's just brutal may need get in touch with samsung as if not an app using it, got be faulty battery.
0 Likes
themediastory
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Have you tried power saving mode?
0 Likes
Hwalker1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
never had to do that with my .
motorola z3 playasted two days with its apps. This phone just does not perform as advertised.
0 Likes
Hwalker1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
its even worse since tge system uldate yesterday. This morning it opened with a lot of blank icons allidentical on the home page. Clicking any of them came up with a lot of meaningless text. Research on line indicated that Easy Mode was in operation.
Turned it off and every worked. Can anyone suggest what this mode is supposed to do. Is it a Samsung thing or an Android thing. Whatever its not much good for anything and certainly kills your phone if it s accidentally activated
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
i know, its because of the inferior exynos chipset
0 Likes
Hwalker1
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Its the last time I buy a Samsung phone.or an oven for that matter. I have one of their washers and that's great, but the oven I bought as I was so happy with the washer is poor. Not even Samsungs service engineer can tell me how to turn on the grille. its the most expensive clock I ever bought. Looks like this s20fe is the phone equivalent.
0 Likes
AshS21
Black Belt 
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
one of the biggest issues of the FE is it uses the front camera as a light sensor this drains 10% a day to begin with
0 Likes