Did you mean: 

Original topic:

battery going fast s20

(Topic created on: 18/09/20 16:23)
yvonne123
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hi, battery goes quite fast in my s20 I got 5 days ago. Does it happen for you as well? If your phone can last a day without a charge then what are your tips?
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Piscean
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
check recently downloaded apps might be consuming battery,uninstall,reinstall them to test for improvements..
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

@yvonne123 

Your phone's battery will possibly still be optimising with it still being new.

Recharging and discharging as you use the phone helps the battery reach optimum output and the phone will probably still be in the learning phase too.

In Settings > Device Care > Battery > This will show you your battery stats and screen on time along with the apps being used below.

Can you screen shot this section including all the below apps using the scroll capture option and post it back here so we can take a look.

Some battery saving tips.

Choose Dark Mode.

Put apps to sleep or even deep sleep if you don't need them running in the background.

Settings > Connections > Choose Lte4G /3G if your phone is a 5G version.

Choose AOD to tap to wake.

2 minutes of inactivity on Display settings.

Turn off auto brightness and I set it for around 50%.

I personally disable Google Chrome as it's a resource hog and use the Samsung Internet App instead.

I disable most Google apps  / services apart from Maps.

If Network signal is poor then this can have an impact on battery as the phone works harder to maintain connection.

Most of your relevant accounts will be set to sync. Take a look and toggle On only things you need to sync.

I'm totally against turning Off features / dumbing down my phone.

If I need / want features and I use them then i prefer not to turn things off just to save a bit of battery.

There are more battery saving tips if you perform a forum search or Google Search or look at YouTube videos.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
yvonne123
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I just had my phone charged to full 100% and I have restarted it. 5% is already gone. in fact after max 5 minutes of me unplugging from the charger I loose 1-2%. I use the original charger and I switched off all the NFC ect you talked about. Its a brand new phone too. please advice
0 Likes
yvonne123
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I now have 94% as I'm looking at phone the battery is just going. upto an hour and I'll probably loose 15%. today I charged until 7am by 10am I had 60% of battery. At around 2pm I had to charge it... I'm sad 😥
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Where did you buy the phone from ?

I have read before that the battery % on a Samsung phone tends to go down a few % at first but then should stabilise.

Current Phone ~

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Messenger and Facebook apps are using a big chunk.

Have you considered putting them into your sleep section and or use Facebook Lite or access Facebook via your Url. A few features of Facebook are however lost this way.

Facebook is a known resource hog unfortunately.

Current Phone ~

0 Likes
yvonne123
Observer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
thanks for your response. as we speak i have 89% already. I hope you understand me but its a new phone. I shouldn't be worrying to uninstall my Facebook (such a popular app). I bought the phone directly from Samsung online..could that do a difference to a device? I was told by someone else on here to try and put the phone to safe mode. I did that. waited and watched and still the battery is going. I'm on 88% as we speak just by typing this the procentage is going down...
0 Likes