Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BATTERY DROPS FROM 10 % to 0% in a MINUTE

(Topic created on: 07-08-2021 04:42 PM)
Wilq84
Journeyman
Options

Having that problem from the beginning. When battery is on the 10% level then it rapidly goes down and having 5% smartphone is off. Factory reset did not help, as well as using smartphone in safe mode ( when only default apps are available)

Ps I had the same problem with my previous S8...however my wife who is still using her S8, can normally use phone for like 1 hour being on 10% level of battery...

I have just bad luck with batteries ???

7 REPLIES 7
Members_lDznXwA
Journeyman
Options

Test lowering the display resolution or refresh rate (hz). If that doesn't work test running an antivirus program to see if there's a virus using your phone processing power, for crypto or collection of your data and therefore eating up your battery. Another solution might be disabling background/foreground apps in settings.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Wilq84 

Optimisation can sometimes differ from phone to phone however that sharp dip in battery percentage is disconcerting.

Perhaps consider downloading the app CPU-Z which has a battery section that shows the health of your battery.

And or launch your Samsung Members App and tap on GetHelp then Diagnostics.

Tap on Battery.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look at your phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Wilq84
Journeyman
Options

Thanks, but it didn't help. I had already medium resolution of the screen. Even if I activated battery save option then there is no difference and there still fast drop from 10% to 0%

0 Likes
Wilq84
Journeyman
Options

Hi

Thanks a lot.

cpuz shows good condition.

Screenshot_20210807-215213_CPU-Z.jpg

I did not know about that support option - very helpful. They have already advised me to leave my smartphone at service center. Most probably battery is garbage.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Wilq84 

I have seen similar posts in the past as to where a person's phone suddenly loses battery optimisation when the battery % level gets to a low figure.

This used to be the memory effect on older versions of batteries but that typically changed with the new technology batteries.

This does look like your phone has battery optimisation issues at a certain point in the phone's discharge cycle.

The Samsung Service Centre can certainly help.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Rikzzz_199
First Poster
Options

It's been a While since you posted this,  I own a S23 Ultra and I am facing the exact same problem. Whenever the battery drops to 10%, it starts draining drastically. It goes from 10% to 5% in just 5-8 minutes and the last 5% in less than 3 minutes. I'm assuming this has to be an existing problem as there are multiple S23 Users who are facing this problem. Is there any reason behind this problem? Is there any specific solution other than the general tips of battery saving?

0 Likes
Wilq84
Journeyman
Options

hey

I gave Samsung's flaghsips last chance and I bought S23 Ultra, too.

However, I had the same crappy problem as with S8 and S10 and S20, so I decided send it back to seller and I bought.....A34 5G, which works perfecly in terms of longevity of battery :winking-face:

0 Likes