Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining since jan 22 update

(Topic created on: 08-05-2022 04:35 PM)
Carren
Student
Options

Since Jan 22 update my battery dies several   times a day even if minimal use. My partner has s21 just updated also and now doing the same thing 

All cache emptied and certain apps as Facebook and maps disabled and still doing it

Terrible update 

24 REPLIES 24
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Power consumption increases after a system update 

Your phone undergoes a series of optimisation procedures in the background after a system update has been completed, which increases the battery drain speed. For example, some apps will need to be readapted: Gallery will be smartly reorganised, and files will be scanned again to detect security risks.

These procedures will be completed within five hours if the phone is fully charged and idle, or within three days under normal use. This optimisation process may take longer if the phone is used frequently during this period. Once the optimisation is completed, the standby time will return to normal.

Carren
Student
Options
I hope this is the case as its been a week now and my battery is dead by 2pm everyday even if I don't use it.
Jsfli
Pioneer
Options
When I first upgraded to android 12 , my estimated usage was 9 hrs , after I had the Jan update , the estimated time jumped up to 15 hrs ...... how odd
0 Likes
Susu_Sabahi
Student
Options
This is also happening to me on s20 ultra and I had the s9 plus before this and this was maybe a year ago and it had the same problem since I updated it
0 Likes
Janisian
Journeyman
Options

This has gone on for the last two updates. My phone's been on for 90 minutes. The only thing I've done is check email,  make one short phone call, send a four word text, and check one social media account. I closed each app the moment I was done. And my battery is now at 70%. 

None of the usual steps - clear cache, close/stop apps etc. - work. The camera update is horrendous too. What is wrong with these people? I feel like the sole purpose was to force me into buying a new phone.

Janisian
Journeyman
Options

Sadly, it's nowhere near the "normal" of even a week ago...

LukeD_79
First Poster
Options

Hi there, did this battery get resolved in the end please?

Or did you end up getting a new phone?

0 Likes
jbwhit41
Student
Options

My battery issue seems to have started after the June update. My usage pattern has not changed. However, my battery would last 2 days before the update. Now I have to charge it every afternoon. Planned obsolescence? Didn't the Fed Gov't already penalize Samsung and Apple for that? If that's the case..... Hopefully it's just poor development and will be fixed in a subsequent update. 

jbwhit41
Student
Options

Exact same issue. The camera issue alone should have prompted Samsung recall the phone. How they got away with that blows my mind. What was your end result with Samsung troubleshooting?