Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Battery Draining once again

(Topic created on: 28/12/20 15:08)
Geordieboy
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Last week, on recommendation of a Samsung Live Chat Agent, I factory reset my phone. 

I used Smart Switch to back up my data. When I tried to restore my data, Smart Switch had corrupted it. I had to restore my phone 100% from scratch. 

This drain issue has all been since Ui.3.0 update was installed. 

I'm still getting a battery drain after Factory Reset. I've tried the Wipe Cache procedure as well.

(Today, I've had a drain of 14% in the 1hr, using it to read websites and write this)

I've sent numerous error logs from Members App, and I just get generic responses.

I know many others have same issues, but has anyone actually been able to rectify their battery issues, or had any luck getting Samsung to look into issues of U.I 3.0/Android 11? 
10 REPLIES 10
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Can you post your battery stats?
0 Likes
Geordieboy
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Phone has been on since 7.30am. I've used it for about 1hr total since then.
I have 95 out of 99 apps/processes in deep sleep. Only app that is in "sleep" is Chrome. Only non sleeping apps are my email apps, which aren't auto synced.

(I tried to add photos, but kept getting error message)
0 Likes
pete007
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
do you have enhanced processing active ?? this can be accessed from the drop down quick access menu
0 Likes
Geordieboy
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
No. it's off. All of the games I play, are basic and don't need high processor use.
0 Likes
pete007
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
you should be able to find out what is draining the battery from the battery and device care in the settings menu
0 Likes
Geordieboy
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I've been monitoring that. it always reports "no high battery usage detected".

I'm just getting frustrated with this phone. Its my first (and most likely, last) Samsung Galaxy. Previously I had a Huawei P20 Pro and its only issue in 2 years was the battery swelling.

Screenshot_20201228-134518_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
BaxteruK
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
This does now show any direct issue with the battery, it looks normal. You need to post again, try charging to 100% and then post your battery usage when you hit 10%.

You also need to post the screenshot 'From last charge'
Geordieboy
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Thank you. I'll do that. Here is my other photo

Screenshot_20201228-142139_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options