Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain

(Topic created on: 03-05-2021 01:52 PM)
louiisegx
Explorer
Options

Is anyone else noticed their battery draining quicker than before the most recent update? I never had any issues until then.
17 REPLIES 17
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes that happened with my phone (I use Samsung A51 5g). First day it got Android 11 in April the battery was kind of off, not alrming but it was unusual. It is much better now though 😊
0 Likes
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
The battery on this phone seldom lasted more than 7 hours before the update. It now lasts about 5 or 6. That's in a phone that is just about 4 month
0 Likes
louiisegx
Explorer
Options
That's really not great, what handset do you have?
0 Likes
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
5 months. Boxing day 2020 to be exact.
I have to put it on charge overnight, again at lunch time and again at around 5 if its getting used .
Screen is hard to type on, and predictive text is a joke.
0 Likes
louiisegx
Explorer
Options
Well then it should still be under warranty, get onto Samsung for a replacement. That's definitely not right.
0 Likes
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
It seems that the battery drain is due to apps running in the background. Like Bluetooth software i can connect to my cars head unit. If i leave it plugged in to the charger, the battery goes flat. It left me lost miles from nowhere. I then found that the cable appeared to be plugged in but was mot making a connection. Fixed that, but i still need to charge it up twice a day or more
0 Likes
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
Spoke to Samsung. Their customer service is second to none. Put the phone into safe mode, changed a few settings and its a new phone entirely. When it came it had no ring tones so i added one. Last week it turned into a beep and all my calls went to voice mail. After i was in safe mode, i had about 30 ring tones to select from, and found a setting that allowed me to receive calls again. Hard to work outchowxto get out of safe mode but somehow i did it and its all working again. Ill give it a month and if its still working may change my opinion of the phone.
0 Likes
Hwalker1
Pathfinder
Options
I am aware of that
0 Likes