Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Battery Drain/Usage

(Topic created on: 19/02/21 16:05)
Geordieboy
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I know I sound like a broken record, but the S20 5G that I have, has the worst battery I've ever had on a phone. 

Today, in less than 2hrs, my battery has drained 50%, while I've been using it. As can be seen in my screenshots.

(I've purposely used my phone a lot today, to test this, as it's been an issues since I got phone last august)
It went down 5% in the time I wrote this post.

I know I live in an area that has a bad signal, but there clearly must be a flaw/fault in my battery. 

I'm not really asking for advice, as Ive tried everything possible (factory reset, cache, power saving, deep sleep). 

I'm writing this to see if other people have such a bad experience with their phones.

Let me know, if mine is just an exception!

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
Geordieboy
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I was reading ebooks (offline), and just generally surfing the net. I wasn't streaming video, playing music or anything that would cause a lot of power.
0 Likes
AshS20
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
yea was going to say only thing that would use that much is maybe video calling or heavy gaming, that is poor I thought mine was bad! must be an underlying issue with yours
0 Likes
Geordieboy
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
To add to my post.

I let my battery deplete to 5%, then plugged it in. Within 5min, it was at 20%. Is that normal, or has my battery lost something in the way of Calibration??
0 Likes
AshS20
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
turn 120hz off if your not too bothered about it as its fixed on the s20 and on mine it uses double the power,
0 Likes
Geordieboy
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
yep. It's got to the stage where I was looking at getting a new phone, as my faith in this one is gone!! I'm never too far from a charger, but forever having to charge it doesn't do battery any good either.
0 Likes
Geordieboy
Smooth Operator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
it's never been on, as that was first thing recommended to me, when I first had issues. it's running at 60hz
AshS20
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
they do charger extremely fast but mine has never gone less than 20 so I couldn't tell you
0 Likes
AshS20
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
yea it's a very weird problem that, definitely not normal, mine loses 1-2% an hour on standby by and that's with aod active and I can generally get 5-6 hours of screen on time,
0 Likes
AshS20
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
that's with the WQHD I paid for all my pixels so I want them on lol 120hz although is silky smooth I will leave that off till I get a phone with adaptive refresh
0 Likes
Ksr
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
trade in and get the s21 I had same issues with my s20 had it 4 weeks and replaced it as the battery issues were horrendous due to the old exynox processor but the s21 has the 5nm upgraded chip battery now lasts 2 days!