Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Drain post software update on 20th March 2021.

(Topic created on: 29-03-2021 01:18 PM)
aacorcor
First Poster
Options

I purchased a new S20 FE phone in February 2021. I got notifiation of a system software update on 20th March which I ran. After the phone restarted the on/off button the side of the phone was reprogrammed to bixby. I had to reprogram the button to be able to restart the phone myself. Also I have a case with the clearview panel on the right side of the phone and this was not displaying anything. This corrected after rebooting the system. 

Afterwards I noticed that my battery appeared be draining much faster than usual. You can see an image of the pre and post software update battery performance attached.

I've noticed that the Always On Display seems to be using much more battery than it should at 18% to 20%. (I've an S10e for work and the Always on display is using on average 2%.

Can you please look into this please as I'm upset that a brand new phone is not working correctly post a software push from Samsung.

Alan

Battery performance on 20th March pre and post updateBattery performance on 20th March pre and post updateSoftware update from 20th MarchSoftware update from 20th MarchBattery data from 26th March.Battery data from 26th March.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Uzoma
Voyager
Options
Try clearing data for the always on display app
0 Likes
Uzoma
Voyager
Options
You can also adjust the always on display brightness on the always on display settings
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
After a major update you should clear the cache partion via recovery mode.
To enter recovery mode, switch off your device, then plug it into a pc or plug in usb c headphones, then press the power + volume up key at the same time until the phone boots, then you can navigate the menu to "clear cache partition" and follow the steps on screen. Then reboot the phone.
0 Likes