Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain on android 12

(Topic created on: 14-07-2022 10:12 PM)
Salla07
Journeyman
Options
Hi,I've got my Brend new samsung s20 a few days ago.It was on android 10 out of the box and I got just over 5 hours screen on time.Yesterday I updated it about 5 or 6 updates to android 12 and the latest security update now its absolutely draining battery.Anyone had this problem and know the problem and how to fix? Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Dfich
Apprentice
Options

I'm getting insane battery drain since the latest update. Sick of it tbh. It happens everytime I update and everytime I have to factory reset to fix a wiping cache partition doesn't work. Last time I buy a Samsung phone. 

Salla07
Journeyman
Options
Does factory resetting it fix it?
0 Likes
Members_uIKtc6S
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem since I updated. My battery lasts barely a day now. The culprit according to my screenshot is the One UI launcher app. I have booted in safe mode for a day because support told me to. Battery worked well but all I can do then is call people. Hardly a smartphone then...

So I then started normally again and it worked well for half a day. Now the launcher is sucking out the power again.

They also told me factory reset but that's definitely the last thing I'll try because I don't have the effing time to spend half a day trying to fix a phone which was working perfectly fine before.

I have to say: I hate, hate, hate the way companies like Samsung do support. They let a only half-informed community do the job. You get random people who don't really help you. And then basically nothing happens.

So, no, I don't know how to fix it. The support told me that standard ***** about malware or "software conflict" which frankly means, that they have no clue either.

0 Likes
Salla07
Journeyman
Options
Might try do a factory reset as it's just new and havnt transferred anything
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
If the handset is new, irrespective of the OS version, then the battery will be in learning mode whilst it adjusts to usage and charging/ discharge cycles.
I've had a S20 for 18 month and was part of the Beta testing for A12 & OneUi 4. Not had any real battery issues & I'm quite an heavy user.
All I can recommend is clearing the system cache after any OS updates, let the battery bed in (and you should see increases in battery life), and I clear all the app Cache's every couple of days with 1TapCleaner to clear crud out.
0 Likes
Salla07
Journeyman
Options
Thanks,I don't know how to clear caches but should be ok it's finished learning usage.i got 3hrs 42 mins of screen on time at under half brightness Bluetooth off etc from 85% to 25%.But for some reason essentially when I power it off as soon as it turns on its lost 1% then loses 4% within a minute and standby does it a bit
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
There's guides to clearing system cache on YouTube. 1TapCleaner is a free app.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Partition cache wipe after every software update and galaxy apps booster is a must for me,always have great battery and performance on my s21 ultra, flip3, s22
0 Likes
Salla07
Journeyman
Options
I got its asking to get access to "restore" stuff should I just allow it and run it?
0 Likes