Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery drain issues

(Topic created on: 17-12-2022 06:28 PM)
Members_00o4s41
Apprentice
Options

I'm experiencing massive battery drain issues since the latest android 13 update. 

I've gone from charging once per day to three times per day 

Screenshot_20221217_182620_Device care.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I have a s21 and no problem with battery life.
You have to be careful as some vampire apps will drain your battery.
Turn off adaptive lighting and manually set it, now look at vampire apps. Do you use Facebook. Spotify, Netflix or prime?? As these are a few of what can eat your battery.
I also like dark mode.for obvious reasons.
Members_00o4s41
Apprentice
Options

only fb & instagram but I have changed settings so they're no running in background. already in dark mode. and adaptive brightness is turned off. 

diagnostic says there's no issues

had no issue until the update 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_00o4s41: To gain an understanding of what it is that's contributing to your battery drainage, please charge the phone to 100%, use it as you would normally until it reaches around 30%, then head to Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > Tap on the usage graph, and scroll down to view the breakdown by app/feature. Does anything stand out as using a higher than expected amount of battery? 

In the meantime, please take a look at the steps below in an effort to improve your overall battery life. 

- Shut down all background apps when not in use via the Recents button in your Navigation Bar
- Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Nearby Device Scanning > Off
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Mobile Data and Bluetooth when not in use
- Head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Power Saving Mode > On, and check the additional options below
- Go back and select More Battery Settings > Adaptive Battery > On > Enhanced Processing > Off.

0 Likes
Members_00o4s41
Apprentice
Options

thank you for reply.

there's no apps show as using higher than expected amount of battery. 

followed all your steps

▪︎ background apps are turned off 

▪︎ scanning for devices is off

▪︎mobile data etc turned off when not in use

▪︎power saving mode is on

▪︎enhanced processing is off

there's no improvement. this issue only started happening immediately after the update. Had no issues before 

0 Likes
Simran R
First Poster
Options

My battery is draining super fast even though the phone is new..I don't know what to do

0 Likes