Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to Xiaomi

(Topic created on: 27-12-2021 12:44 PM)
Kris G
Voyager
Options

S20Ultra, after all the useless updates, nothing really got fixed. The phone is slow to unlocking with face/finger.
Main camera pics are not better than S21 Ultra or some Xiaomi phone i had since end of 2019.
Battery life is not good enough.

Trying to sell the 8months old S20Ultra in a very good shape, ends with a price tag of 300Eur.
No one wants to pay more for this ***** of a phone.

That being said, Xiaomi 11T pro is an awesome end of this story.

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
You ever tried speaking to "Samsung Support" 😂😂

I'd rather slit my wrists than do that again.
Kris G
Voyager
Options

i don't mind FHD or WHD screens, after all it uses less battery.
But i have to say a word about updates.
i reported quite few thing to Xiaomi support - they fixed it, it didn't even took a month.
Whats more, none of the updates made things worse, which is known issue with Samsung.
Samsung gets regular updates.....bcoz the software is so bad.
Xiaomi gets only few updates.
For the same reason Huawei doesn't get any updates - bcoz the software is so awesome.

As for the network signal, i run my phones with dual sim, both same operator just different numbers, and noticed places where one sim had full signal, and the other just half ? so i can't claim any of my phones to be ever at fault. Just check out the screenshot from my Xiaomi phone~ abc.jpg

Poco F3 5G does not seem to support CDMA or EVDO network standards, i have no clue if those would run well in US , Canada or Japan....or what other countries require those standards to distribute mobile signal.

For example Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro is on aliexpress for some 335$ , seems not to be sold on amazon. Has all possible network standards, but supports different 4G bands than Poco F3 5G.... and has 108MP camera.
You need to find out what specs you need to be able to use mobile networks at your place ?

Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Totally agree.

I had a Huawei P30 Pro before this heap of ***** and it was a fantastic phone. If only it had 5g to be honest. 👍

I'm based in the UK and this S21 Ultra heap of ***** came direct from Samsung so I'm assuming they supplied the right device for the right country (not holding breath) 😂😂
0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

read my comment again, i found it in 'discarded' messages 🤔 and yes, Huawei is a dream of a phone, however, there are few apps i still can't use on there. Also the 50MP camera is not good enough.

Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
INTRASERVER
Pathfinder
Options
Xiaomi are ***** phones. So my expierence isn't good. Why I will not buy and I will not suggest anyone to buy Xiaomi devices.
1. MIUI is much more worst than OneUI. (Too much ads.)
2. Screens are terrible, resolution s#cks.
3. If you like to fix issues almost after every app update then enjoy xiaomi with unlocked bootloader. (This is for people who buying with China ROM and after installing Global ROM.)
4. Photos are terrible.
5. Support absolutely - doh.
6. Third party accessories almost zero.
7. Battery life very terrible.
8. Xiaomi phones values goes more worst then Samsung. Take a look how much your phone will cost after year.
9. End of story Xiaomi is the last which one I'll buy. Honestly never again I'll buy Xiaomi devices.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

1. there are ads, once a while.
2. Screens are terrible? accuracy of Xiaomi screens(Samsung produces these LOL) is quite good, since the software that controls them is better than Samsung software.
Huawei uses Samsung screens too, it has even better control and accuracy than Xiaomi.
3. &7. If you like to fix issues almost after every app update = Samsungs description, just check out the posts in this forum, the forum starts with a pinned post: "

[Tip] Galaxy S20 + Ultra / Note 20 Ultra (Exynos) How to get extended battery + less heat

"
The battery life on phones with same battery but screen with lower resolution = is better.
This is a logical fact, that alone makes Xiaomi phones have better battery life.
4. All Xiaomi phones with 108MP camera take exactly same pics with main camera as S20Ultra.
This is a fact and i did indeed confirm that. I can not tell the pics apart.
5. Samsung replied to a not working app with "send your phone to the service, it's broken" , and with some versions of the app, the app was working = the phone was not broken.
Xiaomi reply to an issue with an app = none,  3~4weeks later it got fixed with an update, and i did that few times, each time an update later fixed whatever was not working properly.
Xiaomi does not reply, it fixes it instead.
6. Third party accessories almost zero. like what? what do you use with phones? besides Xiaomi phones, some, have a 3,5mm jack to plug in high end Headphones, no adapter needed, have IR too.
7. Battery life very terrible. again battery life, Xiaomi Mi Note10 5250mAh battery, continously works with screen on , navigating and playing music for 9hrs straight, after that 10% remain.
Samsung S20Ultra, dead after 5~6hrs with just navigating.
8. Xiaomi phones values goes more worst then Samsung. Take a look how much your phone will cost after year. i bought my S20Ultra for 900Eur, sold for 300Eur 8months later, no one wanted to pay more. =600Eur loss
Xiaomi phones cost usually less than 650Eur, you will be able to sell them for 200~250. =400Eur loss

Of course, why would you sell a Xiaomi phone? i didn't, i kept the last one i bought in 2019, bcoz there was nothing wrong with it, unlike S20Ultra.
So yea, you will be selling Samsung phones, but less probably Xiaomi.

Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
INTRASERVER
Pathfinder
Options
If you compare Samsung phones screen with xiaomi you'll see how bad looks xiaomi screens. Resolution is terrible. I have Note 20 Ultra Exynos and I'm happy with it. Battery with my usage is very good. When I reported issues non of them been fixed from Xiaomi. Why you try to compare cheap Xiaomi Mi Note 10 with Samsung Galaxy 20 Ultra? Your called device ebay cost about GBP160.
Well you calculating little bit wrong. Maybe you sold to Cex. And shortly will be two years old device S20. But I can guarantee I'll not buy any xiaomi device again.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
0 Likes