Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps

(Topic created on: 29-09-2021 09:35 PM)
TheSlammer
First Poster
Options
Hi guys, my apps need to be put in Alphabetical order,and I'm told to place finger at the bottom of home screen and draw it up to the top.
Then put your finger on the 3 dots at top right of screen and hit on the 'sort' settings,which in turn will allow you to put your apps in proper order....
But when i hit those 3 dots its 'settings' that comes up! Not 'sort'.... so I'm no further forward... Any suggestions guys would be appreciated! 👍
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Have you tried going to the apps page and pressing the 3 dots.
I know that you press the 3 dots but not sure why you need to use the home screen
0 Likes
TheSlammer
First Poster
Options
Well Pete I'm on the screen where all the apps are m8... they tell you while on that page to draw your finger up the screen and it does indeed show you the e dots top right.. but i tap on them and only thing thats there is 'settings' not 'sort' but i went into it thinking maybe in the settings page it would say something about alphabetical order on your apps... but it doesn't m8.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@TheSlammer: If you swipe upwards while in the Apps Drawer, this will return you to the Home Screen. In order to access the 'Sort' feature, please follow these steps.

From the Home Screen, swipe upwards to access the Apps Drawer > Tap the 3 dots in the top right (to the right of the Search bar) > Sort > Alphabetical Order. 

For reference, when you tap the 3 dots in the top right you should see the following options: Sort, Clean Up Pages, Settings, Galaxy Essentials > Contact Us. If you're still having some difficulties, please post a screenshot of your available options, so I can get a better idea of the situation. 

0 Likes
TheSlammer
First Poster
Options
Hi Andrew, 1st pic is 'i assume' the proper page to swipe up on m8! 2nd picture is the '3 dots' that appear when i swipe up, then when i hit on them (3rd picture) up comes 'settings' and when i hit on it,there is nothing regards put apps in alphabetical order Andrew!Screenshot_20210930-131737_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20210930-131838_Finder.jpgScreenshot_20210930-131848_Finder.jpg
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@TheSlammer: It looks like you're tapping on the Search bar first of all, which is why you're not getting the 'Sort' option. If you simply tap on the 3 dots in the top right without tapping on the Search bar first, you should see the relevant options list. Let me know how you get on.

0 Likes
TheSlammer
First Poster
Options
Just tried it again Andrew, those 3 dots are within the search bar (not outwith) so when I tap on them it just gives me a 'settings' option
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@TheSlammer: I understand that the 3 dots are inside the Search bar, however it is possible to tap on them without tapping on the Search bar itself, if that makes sense.

0 Likes
wondo
First Poster
Options
When I press the three dots it says "more options" but when I press that it just goes away, no sort, nothing
0 Likes
WCoE
Apprentice
Options
I am having the exact same problem
0 Likes