Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps opening on their own

(Topic created on: 31-10-2020 09:42 AM)
user6453
Apprentice
Options
I just got a new phone and having problems with the apps keep opening while in locked and not using it. 

I have used a number of anti-malware scans found nothing. It opens Chrome, gmail, Google play, messages, calls etc. It doesn't open it on any thing its simply a blank app page. 

I'm thinking its firmware issues.
I'm considering doing a factory reset but I am not confident if that would even work. Or considering to send it back and get a replacement. 

Can anyone advise me on what I can do.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Solution
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
check for any firmware updates available first... if still not sorted then do the hard reset while with a good amount of battery power left... if it's still happening after the hard reset then let the retailer know especially if it's within 30 days (UK normally swap for new) after 30 days that is when normally it's a warranty repair.
user6453
Apprentice
Options
all up-to-date. did a factory reset worked for an hour or so. back to it after that. so annoying.
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
ok I would definitely contact the retailer or manufacturer. sooner the better... a hard reset should have fixed that... I was actually guessing it would have sorted the issue. sometimes it's a worry that it's just a temporary fix. hope it all gets sorted.
user6453
Apprentice
Options
thanks. will do.
0 Likes
messed
Explorer
Options
any luck... I've just got my phone yesterday and same issue.
0 Likes
eatmyshorrz
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, updated my phone and now it's opening two apps

(before that it opened only one app randomly)

0 Likes
user6453
Apprentice
Options
I got a replacement. It worked until the December update and reverted back again. I was able to fix it by keep apps up to date, but still can be a problem time to time.
Members_D76jiWl
Student
Options

So this is a wide issue for most people glad it not just me I just got a new phone and thought it was broken 

messed
Explorer
Options
I've just used mine for the past 3 hours and I JUST realised the problems gone.