Did you mean: 

Apps keep reloading

(Topic created on: 01-08-2021 02:45 AM)
danieleric
Student
Options

Hi

I have an issue with my S20 FE.

The apps keep reloading after I switch back and forth between apps.

It doesn't happen when I change the apps fast, but it takes as little as half a minute or so in other app to reload the previous app I've been using.
It happens with web browser, some apps and game like Pokémon Go, where I check if the RAM is full and it's always have at least 1gb free.
Pokémon Go is not important, most important is when e.g. I want to make a transaction in the browser and check my card details in my bank app. I have to do it fast, coz it happened to me multiple times that the browser app reloaded and I had to run thru the buying process again (when I was on the payment site and refreshing session reverts the form).
Its very annoying and I've never had the same issue on a different phones.

Can someone help?

Daniel

OneUI3.1, last software update: (G781BXXU3CUG2/G781BOXM3CUG1/G781BXXU3CUG1

8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good @danieleric 

You could check that these apps haven't been placed in sleep or deep sleep mode.

Also clearing the apps cache files in Settings , Apps , Location and then tap on Cache may help.

Go to your search bar by pulling down from.the top of your phone and search for Optomise Battery Usage and check those settings.

Sometimes a simple reboot by turning the phone Off and On can help.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AndrewL
Options

@danieleric: Are you connected to Wi-Fi or Mobile Data when you experience this? As the issue seems to be affecting web based applications, it could be related to your network speed. Bit of a stretch I know, but worth exploring. 

0 Likes
nynemout42
First Poster
Options

This happens with my A51 as well.  Any app I use and happens on WiFi as well as mobile data.  I have cleared all caches and I my phone restarts every night.  I'm most irritated by the fact that if I'm using Google Maps for navigation and I receive a call, the phone switches to the phone call and stops the navigation.  When I go back to navigation I have to start the journey again (the directions are still there...I just have to press start). It happens just like you described tho...if you switch back quickly, it's fine but leave it for 30 seconds or more and it reloads.  If you're filling out a Web form and go to your Dropbox or another webpage to retrieve some info, when you go back to the browser (or if you're on another tab within the browser and return to the other tab) the page reloads and you lose what you've already done.  I thought this was because of my epic mistake of buying the A51 but if you've got an S20, it must be a Samsung issue.

EM1Tulsa
Student
Options

Similar in my A51, although Google Maps has never reset like that.  Wifi and mobile, all apps, quick toggle doesn't do it, but not than about 30 seconds, always ruins web form data. I just added a sample to Never Sleeps to see what that will do. As a temporary workaround, split-screen seems to prevent it. 

0 Likes
EM1Tulsa
Student
Options

Just noticed this thread is a year old.  Did any of you find a solution or root cause in 2021? Thanks!

0 Likes
Mbwinter633
First Poster
Options

Im having the same issue with my A32.  Would really love a solution!

0 Likes
2destiny2
First Poster
Options

We are at the end of 2022 and still facing this issue on my S22 Ultra. I have experienced this almost all the apps, most noticeable on Instagram. 

This somehow goes away when I disable Bluetooth. But there are some workout apps that I use frequently (eg. Tonal) which keeps refreshing, I can't have my Bluetooth disabled when using these apps. I did a factory reset, did all latest software updates and had this issue for over 6 months now. It is unacceptable on a flag ship device. RAM, CPU, Disk usage everything is not even close to 40%.

0 Likes
HarunGUL
First Poster
Options

Please follow below path to set (for each app that is for reloading):

Apps > Settings > Data usage > Background data

• Select and turn it on > “Allow background data usage

• And turn it on > "Allow data usage while data saver is on" 

Also make sure;

Apps > Settings > Permissions > "Photos and videos" is allowed.

Probably this is the cause for reloading apps. 

Screenshot_20221214_140725_Settings.jpg

0 Likes