Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps broken after update

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 03:26 AM)
Pandasaur
Student
Options

So my nighthawk app and speed test app as well as a couple others will not even let me click on them after this update and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still won't work at all and I use them frequently so it's a little perturbing

Go to solution
191 REPLIES 191
JamesCKelsall
Voyager
Options
0 Likes
madz03
Apprentice
Options
that link isn't a safe and secure link. im not gonna open that link.
0 Likes
JamesCKelsall
Voyager
Options
It's a link to the thread in the Samsung members app, and you can verify that by checking the url and using a bit of common sense.
JamesCKelsall
Voyager
Options
You asked for urgent help and have been given it. The linked thread has details on the situation, and the two main routes to fix it (the second of which will almost certainly fix it in your case). If you can't be bothered to read a simple thread, don't expect any further help.
0 Likes
Gabes100
Student
Options
thanks. that work perfectly this was about to be the one thing that would of made me not like my phone
0 Likes
iamdj
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy S20 Ultra performed a system update last night.  Since then every single app has been crashing.  Gmail, Facebook, everything.  I tried deleting app cache and force closing the app to no avail.  Then deleted app data for gmail, and it seemed to work, but the next time I restarted my phone it started crashing again.  I wiped the cache partition, and still all of my apps keep crashing.  I really do not want to have to do a factory reset, given that some of the apps i use require that I open the app in order to backup their apps data, and so if I cannot open the app, i cannot backup the data, and thus lose my app data.  

David J
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@iamdj 

Hello

Just after the the update, some apps have stopped working and seemingly it was due to Android WebView.

Android WebView is a system component powered by Chrome that allows Android apps to display web content on apps without actually opening any browser.

How to uninstall Android System WebView:

1. Open Google Play Store

2. Search "Android System WebView"

3.  tap Uninstall

This app may still reinstall itself, hence, we will stop the auto update:

1. Still in Google Play Store

2. Tap Menu (3 lines in upper left)

3.  Settings

4. Auto update apps

5.  Select Don't auto-update apps

Next, turn off and on the phone. 

😉