Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App WiFi problems

(Topic created on: 27-07-2022 04:25 PM)
Ian Hewitt
Journeyman
Options

Can anyone help having problems with some apps not working over WiFi but work on 4g the apps are bbc weather,bbc news and hive . I have Samsung s20 fe Android 11 ,my wife has same problem she has huawei phone many thanks if someone can help.

26 REPLIES 26
Damian Wanderer
First Poster
Options

Hi guys, I think I have managed to find the solution. At least it works for me.

The thing I did was to go into the phone's recovery mode to Wipe its partition cache. This does not delete your personal files or settings, so do not worry about it. I would caution that you do make sure you select this option correctly, as the other others options in the recovery mode that would reset your entire phone.

I used to have issues with a couple of apps but after doing this clearing of the partition cache, I am able to access the apps with my wifi connection. 🥳

Hope this helps! Trust me, I was frustrated but now that it is working again, I am so relieved! 

0 Likes
Damian Wanderer
First Poster
Options

You can Google to see how you can access your recovery mode. For mine, I am using a S22 Ultra, so I had to connect my phone to the computer before I can follow the steps in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOBeL-O8aMs 

0 Likes
Damien2
First Poster
Options

Same issue here I have the s21 ultra. It's just gotten wide and worse. I have crazy fast wifi speeds at home but I can't have my phone on wifi at home anymore. Certain apps just won't recognize a connection at all but once I switch to mobile date everything works fine. For instance I have a nest thermostat it literally won't connect until I switch to mobile data only and turn off my wifi. Very annoying Samsung needs to fix this asap. I have crazy fast wifi I pay for at home and I literally can't use it on my phone. 

0 Likes
Geronasso
Apprentice
Options

Annoying… moving to iPhone… samsung destroyed the smartphones

0 Likes
Geronasso
Apprentice
Options

Same here

0 Likes
Geronasso
Apprentice
Options

Did it already… even formatted the smartphone… ZERO… same problem.

0 Likes
Chriso71
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same problem..I have tried everything!  I was at my parents house and it worked fine on the wifi which was charter but will not work on mine. but my neighbor has the same internet i have and it worked fine?   done been thru my router and checked everything but no luck!  dont think im gonna do anymore updates!!  whoever is responsible for the updates does not know what they are doing!! Plus my battery is draining much faster now!   

0 Likes