Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App WiFi problems

(Topic created on: 12-01-2022 03:52 AM)
Ian Hewitt
Journeyman
Options

Can anyone help having problems with some apps not working over WiFi but work on 4g the apps are bbc weather,bbc news and hive . I have Samsung s20 fe Android 11 ,my wife has same problem she has huawei phone many thanks if someone can help.

26 REPLIES 26
AndrewL
Options

Those of you affected by this issue, is it persistent across all Wi-Fi networks? If not, are you connected to a VPN via Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings? Have you tried checking the app settings themselves to see if there are any options available that prioritise Mobile Data over Wi-Fi? 

0 Likes
Dave_Wilkinson
Journeyman
Options
Hi Andrew, yes same across all WiFi networks and not connected to any VPNs. Can't see anything specific on the apps about prioritisation but WiFi is on, data enabled etc. Any other suggestions?
0 Likes
Ian Hewitt
Journeyman
Options

Hi Andrew some apps work others just don’t work with WiFi turned on not connected to VPN app have no priority the only way I can get it to work is turning on mobile date only apps for the apps that don’t work any other suggestions as this uses my mobile data ? 

0 Likes
ReyL
First Poster
Options

Hey guys try this! Just turn on and wait 2 seconds aprox. Then turn it off, and this should solve any network problems. This just solve some of my apps not working with Wifi.

0 Likes
ReyL
First Poster
Options

Turn on airplane mode, then turn it off, this should solve much of the s20 fe network problems. This solve some of my apps not workong with Wifi.

0 Likes
TashaBell
Apprentice
Options

I'm having the same issue with my note 10+. Tried everything from factory resetting my phone twice. Clearing cache, clearing all network settings. Internet works, Facebook and tiktok are OK i think with wifi. The apps that don't work on WiFi are instagram, messenger, and Disney plus. Other apps seem to decide when they wanna work and don't.  Please fix this Samsung! 

TigerJA
Student
Options

I've had the same thing with ESPN and CBS Sports. Seems to be app dependent. WiFi network testing on phone at over 300mb consistently. Can run things like streaming high quality video on multiple streaming service apps, but can't get other Apps like ESPN to even open a basic text home page in less than 2 minutes. Have reset everything from router to phone settings, it is something else that certain apps don't jive with. Switch off WiFi to use mobile data and they open right up. Driving me crazy.

0 Likes
Chef_NL
First Poster
Options

We are having the exact same issue with a brand new S20 FE, just some apps don't work. Spotify is really slow. It is driving me crazy. I tried all there is, re-setting my whole home network etc. Please Samsung, fix this. 

Kakorat7777777
First Poster
Options

I have the S22 Ultra and I'm having the same issue. Started about a week ago. And crazy thing is my wife who has S21 Ultra and one of my employees also has S21, same wifi issue. So I know it's not my phone or wifi networks. It's these ***** phones! I've always used Samsung for the last 10 years but I think I'm switching to iPhone, I can't take this *****. It's so frustrating!!!! 🖕 Samsung 

Members_Zj8Oedd
Apprentice
Options

has there been any development with this problem? I have the same issue with BBC sounds and iplayer