Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN settings for Samsung S20 - giffgaff

(Topic created on: 07-11-2021 05:58 PM)
Langunyah
Apprentice
Options
I can't seem to find the details I need for the APN settings, in order to use my (recently acquired) S20 to make phone calls when in Europe. Have managed to get data and texts working but phone says "couldn't connect" when I try to make a call back to UK (e.g. to call my home landline). Country and regional codes are correct. Phone numbers are OK. No reception problems in area. The giffgaff APN information does not include details for all of the items in the APN settings list on my S20. Any advice much appreciated!
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Darthphillius
Explorer
Options
Hi. These should work. Remember and select to save the settings afterwards.
APN: giffgaff.com

Username: gg

Password: p

Proxy: {Leave Blank}

MCC: 234

MNC: 10

APN protocol: IPv4v6

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Authentication type: PAP

0 Likes
Langunyah
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for these details. I appreciate your sending them. These settings have enabled me to send texts and data. However I still can't make phone calls (though I can receive them).
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
APN , as far as i know , has nothing to do with phone calls. It is just to use mobile data .
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Given the fact that you say you can receive calls , but cannot initiate them, I would say it might be a matter of "call barring " . To check that , go to dialing screen -> Settings -> Suplementary services -> Call barring
Darthphillius
Explorer
Options
Check the pack you've bought. It might be that you bought a data pack by accident. Also check that you have WiFi calling switched on. Also try putting aeroplane mode for 30 seconds then switch it off again. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Please check what your Goody Bag from GiffGaff provides in the way of allowances that are relevant to roaming while abroad @Langunyah 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Langunyah
Apprentice
Options
Thank you all for these very helpful pointers. You've given me plenty to pursue. I'm extremely grateful.