Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Update

(Topic created on: 17-12-2022 08:47 AM)
Hodg22
First Poster
Options
Hi. I purchased a refurbished  Samsung S20 5g off ebay from what I thought was a reputable seller. Since having the the phone it won't carry out any updates  stuck on Android 11.
Is it possible to reflash and if so advice on what version I would download as ther are so many variations 
Have added software info below

Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
That phone has a CSC code for Italy, unless you are using it in that country, it won't pick up OTA updates.
Hodg22
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the the reply. I live and use the phone jn the UK. I have also tried tk update via smart switch. Still won't update. Any further advice
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can try using Smartswitch on a computer to connect to your phone and see if you can update to newer software this way.
It's likely that the phone was purchased through a phone carrier. So without a sim card from that provider, and not being in the country of origin. May not get any of the updates
0 Likes
Slothtamerv2
Navigator
Options
Get the ebay page up for the phone check he hasn't mentioned its non u.k if he hasn't then challenge him to refund
Hodg22
First Poster
Options
Already contacted seller. Has a 12 month warranty but he said fw isn't part of it . Ebay also not interested
0 Likes
Slothtamerv2
Navigator
Options
Where was the phone from?
0 Likes
Hodg22
First Poster
Options
Bought from this this charlatan 1671281279317.jpg
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Have you tried taking out the sim and using a VPN connection to the country where you think the device is from to see if you can get it updated. I used to do this on my previous Nokia device to get the updates when they were weeks behind in the UK.
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
There are a few options, I have personally done both before but make sure you research on google/youtube if you are not experienced...

You can change the CSC to BTU which is a UK code, by using SamKey on a PC. The phone will then pick up OTA updates. Or, you can use Odin on a PC to manually update the phones firmware.
0 Likes