Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android auto

(Topic created on: 21-04-2021 05:54 PM)
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Does anyone who uses android auto plugged in via USB notice that their phone gets very warm, I wouldn't say mine gets excessively hot but it does get very warm and I worry that the amount I use it in the car if its warm for that long Monday to Friday 9-5  it could damage the battery. My phone normally is absolutely fine and only gets warm if your doing many tasks or fast wireless charging. 
5 REPLIES 5
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Does your car support bluetooth? Just thought that could be an option istead of using Android Auto because you definitely don't want to ruin the battery in your phone. Especially as (this is only from what I have heard, you might be having better luck than other people) the battery in the s20 series isnt great. Hope you manage to fix the problem.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
It has bluetooth but only for calls and music if you want android auto you need to plug it in, the battery in the s series isn't the best, I was one who moaned about it but other people I have spoke have said I am not getting a bad sot and I think its just because I'm using it alot
Members_h6BFz5o
First Poster
Options

I've got the same issue. When i drive for approximately 2 hours my S20 gets excessively hot while running Waze and another app. But the S20 is forced to close all apps due to overheating. 

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Mine has never got that far but its very warm when I unplug it, if I use it for like 30 mins it's absolutely fine it seems to happen when the battery gets close to full as I can't prevent it from charging while connected.
0 Likes
pbiancalana
First Poster
Options

My phone overheated while running Waze. I think it was because I was in a low signal area and Waze was trying to establish connection with the server and was having difficulty. After driving in a more reliable signal area, the phone started working again and did not heat up.