What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 update issue.

(Topic created on: 15-01-2022 01:59 PM)
Options
Updated to android 12 and since the update I'm having network connection issues with the same WiFi I was previously connected to (home network). Is anyone else having this problem??, I'm reading there are loads of problems with the rollout because of the bugs within the android 12.
11 REPLIES 11
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Try clearing the system cache. It is always advisable to do this following any software / firmware updates.
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

You could also try restarting your WiFi router and toggle WiFi off and on on your handset to force a new IP address being allocated.
0 Likes
Options
I've tried the restart of the WiFi router and I've also done a restart of my phone seems to be OK for the moment. Thanks
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
When people kept posting on here "when is Android 12 coming for my xxx device" I got criticised for saying that so many were having issues so wouldn't be too concerned at waiting.

Now, in come the posts about people having issues.......

I'll await the apologies that I won't get from those who criticised me.
Members_hsoOTC2
Apprentice
Options

Yes I'm having real problems with connecting to my Fritzbox mesh network after the Android 12 update on my S10. Connecting to the other (ISP provided Wifi network) is no problem. 

After the update my device suddenly sees two wifi networks with same SSID . Which is strange as with previous versions and all other devices this is not the case. It's a (Fritz) mesh network so only one SSID should be discovered . And I cannot  connect to either of them. I've contacted Fritzbox support for this but so far it seems I'm the only one. I've deleted the networks, restarted my device (multiple times), cleared the cache as suggested below and restarted the mesh network (master and repeaters) a few times.....To no avail.....

The problem occured when moving in the house and thus switching from AP to another...it got disconnected and after that it was never able to connect....

Perhaps someone has some ideas where to look?

Thanks

Marcel

0 Likes
Santosh2022
Apprentice
Options

Complete MESS.

-Laggy when switching apps

-Google chrome overlays on top of screen when streaming.

- unimportant features added.

- DEVELOPERS MUST FOCUS ON LIFECYCLE OF ANDROID 12. THEY SPENT THEIR TIMES IN FIXING BUGS from ANDROID 11.

Pernas
Explorer
Options

I can confirm Wifi-issues post Android 12-update on the S20 5G - cache cleared and it took a week for the issue to appear, it complained about not being able to connect to neither of my home SSIDs with a question mark on each of them. Wifi-toggle didn't help. Neither did flightmode - only a complete reboot helped and the phone was previously rebooted the day before. Wifi-router was not to blame, using a reliable Ubiquiti Unifi system. I really hope they release a bug-fixed version of this update in the near future.

0 Likes
Petras_1
First Poster
Options

Would be very interesting to know whether Samsung is aware of this issue and what is the plan?

Is it possible to downgrade from Android 12 update? After Android 12 UPDATE my Note 10+ became a dust collector. It is not possible to keep phone voice conversation and data reception keeps switching on and off.

I'm loosing my patience and customers, cause nobody want's to call me back knowing that after 1-2 min the call's going to drop.

Seriously? Samsung, what is the plan? should I switch to Apple or 30 pounds for Nokia?

0 Likes
Zaki Samm
First Poster
Options

Hey, i've been having the same problem since i upgraded to 12, i have note 10+ also, the network connection is terrible 

0 Likes
Slinkyaroo
Journeyman
Options

Reset network settings.

0 Likes