Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12, UI 4.0 Update fix?

(Topic created on: 23-01-2022 05:20 PM)
Members_bnARuR6
Apprentice
Options

I have had s20 ultra 5G for about a year and a week ago I received the latest update on my phone, went ahead and installed it. Within literally 10 minutes of me entering my pin after update the phone went black, Samsung logo showed and it asked for pin after restart. Since then this has happened numerous times daily. Have also noticed that apps which use biometrics are telling me new biometrics are added. 

This update has made my phone unusable, after looking around on here and on Google I am not seeing a "definitive" fix, I have tried the usual resetting phone, clearing cache, change screen quality the only thing I haven't done is a factory reset but as I know the issue wasn't there and is now I would say with great confidence the update is at fault. 

Is there any other steps that can be tried that maybe I have missed online or someone here experienced the same? Failing that is it possible to go back to the previous update

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
Members_bnARuR6
Apprentice
Options

It is a joke, I also been with Samsung since s6, s7, s8, s9, s10, s20 and am due a update end of the year but this is a nightmare and is starting to leave a bit of a sour taste, today I have had the phone reset in the middle of a call and have also noticed that WhatsApp don't always work and people end up calling me saying they have messaged but it's not going through. 

Surely Samsung are aware of these issues and I would hope quite quick release a fix 

ActionAdi
First Poster
Options

Last time I'm buying a Samsung / android device. I guess it's time to switch to the competition. 

0 Likes
DUSKvsDAWN
Explorer
Options

i read somewhere that plugging something into the usb port makes you able to boot the phone in recovery mode. i did that and was then able to boot into recovery mode. but it is really stupid in my opinion that you have to do that...

NoNo_Ouerkin
First Poster
Options

Same thing for me.
I was really happy of the user experience so far. But since the January update, half of the apps do not work properly.

Most of them just freeze when you start them.

Video full screen sometime get stuck in a quarter of the screen.

Some time Bluetooth doesn't pair.

Vizzionz55
First Poster
Options

I found the Bug!!!! Yes you read it 👍🏼

LOCATE YOUR GOOGLE PHOTOS APP AND PUT IT TO DEEP SLEEP AND THAT WILL FIX THE RANDOM RESTARTS!!!   for some reason the Google photos app keeps "crashing" and causes the system to overload and restart! 

0 Likes
Chas2427
Journeyman
Options
Factory reset solves all these problems
0 Likes
Members_9PO4tSr
First Poster
Options

And how do you backup everything? 

0 Likes