Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12, UI 4.0 Update fix?

(Topic created on: 24-01-2022 12:07 PM)
Members_bnARuR6
Apprentice
Options

I have had s20 ultra 5G for about a year and a week ago I received the latest update on my phone, went ahead and installed it. Within literally 10 minutes of me entering my pin after update the phone went black, Samsung logo showed and it asked for pin after restart. Since then this has happened numerous times daily. Have also noticed that apps which use biometrics are telling me new biometrics are added. 

This update has made my phone unusable, after looking around on here and on Google I am not seeing a "definitive" fix, I have tried the usual resetting phone, clearing cache, change screen quality the only thing I haven't done is a factory reset but as I know the issue wasn't there and is now I would say with great confidence the update is at fault. 

Is there any other steps that can be tried that maybe I have missed online or someone here experienced the same? Failing that is it possible to go back to the previous update

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
Gwgas
Student
Options
Android 12 is buggy- very slow startup and multiview on a recent Samsung smart TV now not working at all. It was flakey before but YouTube would always connect - now nothing. Phone restarted on startup this morning! Not good. Anyone offered Android 12 don't bother until they sort out the bugs. I have an S20FE 5G
Update: I have now cleared the partition cache and all appears to work ok. Also the parsing of media filed takes a couple of seconds instead of a couple of minutes!
0 Likes
Phils
Student
Options
Same issue, S20 updated the software two days ago and now my phone is almost unusable, with so many apps freezing and closing straight down.
Kelz78
Student
Options
Have you found a fix I'm in same boat
0 Likes
Phils
Student
Options
No. I'm just having to restart my phone numerous times a day to get certain apps to work.
I've read other posts and various places on Google, that it's just a matter of waiting until a fix is rolled up. But how long that is anyone's guess.
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Have you tried clearing the system cache. Advised to do it following all major updates
0 Likes
Lyn_Mal
Student
Options
After the Software update to an Android 12 the lay out of the Calendar has changed and the blue and green bars of reminders and events, are not there anymore. This was though so helpful and I wish this layout would come back
0 Likes
Happyhubert
Journeyman
Options
Could I pester you for 15 minutes,
It's related to the cache partition and 3 others .
0 Likes
Members_b2sgy9J
Pioneer
Options

Could you please explain here so others can try as well? Thanks. 

0 Likes
Happyhubert
Journeyman
Options
Not a problem 👌.
Since before Christmas I have had the ~ Moisture detected in usb port, ..
Software update version 11 and my phone started having issues.
1 Bluetooth kept turning itself on,
3 cache in my apps won't clear,
4 Recovery menu doesn't respond to volume up and power button ,just turns on normal.
Problems with font size fluctuating from normal size all of a sudden to minute size.
I've been asking Samsung members months about my app permissions can't be right.
Most apps have control over my wi fi I'll send .
Permissions Bluetooth (screenshot.) Has all those permissions surely can't be right. No way to change the permissions
1643025888052_1643025888030_0.pngScreenshot_20220112-032825_Permission controller_21364_1641958105.pngScreenshot_20220112-032831_Permission controller_21365_1641958111.pngScreenshot_20220112-032859_Permission controller_21367_1641958139.png