Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Android 12 one ui 4.0 December update

(Topic created on: 07-01-2022 12:58 PM)
Jsfli
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
For anyone who hasn't updated ..... hold fire. 
I updated from android 11 to 12 today and the phones got a mind of its own. 
Samsung keyboard became sluggish and stops typing randomly and goes blank. 

Camera ui, Google assistant isn't as responsive as before and spends a good minute before actioning any commands 

Cleared cache etc and it's not helped 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
NinaWildeUK
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Hated the update
Lost so many features
0 Likes
Jsfli
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I haven't really played around with it to notice .
What features are missing ?
NinaWildeUK
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I lost all snooze notifications, I found a few other things that were different too, layouts, colouring. Just small things but things I've used for 2 years and now suddenly they have taken away
0 Likes
Jsfli
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I've noticed the scroll/long screenshot feature has disappeared, I used it frequently.
This update is bugging me
0 Likes
NinaWildeUK
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I've had engineers out to sort things as they swear certain things are still in the update but they aren't and they won't listen
0 Likes
Jsfli
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
I've gona back to using my s9 for now for normal use but keeping my sim card in the s20 ....... S9 is running much smoother , this should not be happening 😑
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
Samsung and Google really have lost the plot in terms of software updates at the moment.
0 Likes
Nardos
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Yes! after i update my s20 ultra to Abdroid 12, it becomes extremely sluggish. Hope they will fix it on next patch.

0 Likes
Membersn
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I can help with at least one of those issues, as the keyboard has been a widespread complaint from what I'm reading. 

The issue here--at least for me--seems to be tied specifically to the Samsung keyboard itself, so I disabled it and use another keyboard app I installed (Gboard). I am now able to type long messages without the keyboard crashing, so I dont lose all of my progress/text.  There are other keyboard app options besides Google/Gboard such as Swiftkey, but the idea here is to just completely bypass the terrible/dysfunctional Samsung default keyboard.

Here's the instructions for how I did it: How to change the awful Samsung default keyboard 

Hope this helps everybody experiencing this same issue, as I know I was so frustrated, I was about ready to throw the whole dang phone away!

0 Likes