Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 one ui 4.0 December update

(Topic created on: 13-01-2022 05:40 PM)
Jsfli
Pioneer
Options
For anyone who hasn't updated ..... hold fire. 
I updated from android 11 to 12 today and the phones got a mind of its own. 
Samsung keyboard became sluggish and stops typing randomly and goes blank. 

Camera ui, Google assistant isn't as responsive as before and spends a good minute before actioning any commands 

Cleared cache etc and it's not helped 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
NinaWildeUK
Pathfinder
Options
Hated the update
Lost so many features
0 Likes
Jsfli
Pioneer
Options
I haven't really played around with it to notice .
What features are missing ?
NinaWildeUK
Pathfinder
Options
I lost all snooze notifications, I found a few other things that were different too, layouts, colouring. Just small things but things I've used for 2 years and now suddenly they have taken away
0 Likes
Jsfli
Pioneer
Options
I've noticed the scroll/long screenshot feature has disappeared, I used it frequently.
This update is bugging me
0 Likes
NinaWildeUK
Pathfinder
Options
I've had engineers out to sort things as they swear certain things are still in the update but they aren't and they won't listen
0 Likes
Jsfli
Pioneer
Options
I've gona back to using my s9 for now for normal use but keeping my sim card in the s20 ....... S9 is running much smoother , this should not be happening 😑
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Samsung and Google really have lost the plot in terms of software updates at the moment.
0 Likes
Nardos
Explorer
Options

Yes! after i update my s20 ultra to Abdroid 12, it becomes extremely sluggish. Hope they will fix it on next patch.

0 Likes
Membersn
Journeyman
Options

I can help with at least one of those issues, as the keyboard has been a widespread complaint from what I'm reading. 

The issue here--at least for me--seems to be tied specifically to the Samsung keyboard itself, so I disabled it and use another keyboard app I installed (Gboard). I am now able to type long messages without the keyboard crashing, so I dont lose all of my progress/text.  There are other keyboard app options besides Google/Gboard such as Swiftkey, but the idea here is to just completely bypass the terrible/dysfunctional Samsung default keyboard.

Here's the instructions for how I did it: How to change the awful Samsung default keyboard 

Hope this helps everybody experiencing this same issue, as I know I was so frustrated, I was about ready to throw the whole dang phone away!

0 Likes