Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android 11 power button turns on Bixby instead of giving you the option to shut down the phone

(Topic created on: 18-01-2021 02:15 PM)
Raikez
Journeyman
Options

One UI 3.0 has so far been a failure on Samsung devices like Galaxy s20 fe Samsung devs please get your ***** together and fix this please 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Go to ...

Settings > Advanced features > Side key > Wake Bixby (select instead, Power off menu)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
Solution
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Go to ...

Settings > Advanced features > Side key > Wake Bixby (select instead, Power off menu)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
ItsJustLC
First Poster
Options
Who's idea was it to force a app, alot of people especially older people don't Google everything, so they can't even restart their phone
getUrCrapSorted
First Poster
Options
I shouldn't have to search how to turn of my ***** phone
flipnar
First Poster
Options

I know, old post, but still an issue on the S23+.  The tyranny of the defaults.  Is it not intuitive to think that the side button will do today what it did yesterday?  I agree with a previous comment, we should not have to search for instructions for such a basic and common operation as shutdown and restart.  They made it easy to switch the button function back, but I'm inclined to just uninstall all Samsung apps lest they try to assert their own changes "for" me.

razzo2
Apprentice
Options

Thank you!! 

0 Likes
Liliannah
First Poster
Options

Totally agree, we should not google a basic function.  I have the same issue with A34. But it's not just older people, it's common sense that the power button should, well,  power off the phone, not take me to some app I have no interest for.  Things like this make me reconsider my choice in phones. Hope someone from Samsung reads what people are saying here. 

Warped Biotic
First Poster
Options

Devs please stop with idiotic changes. You know people already aren't having a good time if they have to restart their ***** phone...

0 Likes
Crap_S20_Phone
First Poster
Options

Thanks - But too late.

I have got rid of my crappy Samsung S20 phone.

The worst phone and LAST phone SAMSUNG I WILL EVER OWN

0 Likes