Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm volume

(Topic created on: 11-04-2021 10:25 PM)
KS158
First Poster
Options
Hey, does anyone know how to turn the volume down fully on the alarm. I've turned it down as much as possible but there is still a little bit showing on my bar,  but I find when my alarm does go off its pretty loud and annoying. 

I have my phone on silent at night and it does still go off which is good but it seems it just doesn't go to the lowest level it can, does anyone else have this issue? 

Thanks.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
go to your clock , tap alarm, go to the 3 vertical dots, tap dots, then settings, scroll down to sound tap sound, scroll up to the top, and tap silent, hope this helps you
Toomuchinfo
First Poster
Options

This does not work. You can only go so low in volume that is STILL loud. Alarms should allow you too choose how low you want them. This is not an emergency system that needs to wake everyone and their cousines.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@KS158 @Toomuchinfo: If you head to the Clock app > Alarm > Select an alarm > Alarm Sound, then the volume slider can be adjusted here, however it isn't possible to mute it completely from here. To do this, go back to the Clock app landing page > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Vibrate For Alarms and Timers, and toggle this option on. Now, head to Settings > Sounds and Vibration, and set your sound mode to Mute or Vibrate. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Toomuchinfo
First Poster
Options

Andrew,

Yes that is the problem. It is not a true volume control. Obviously, you would not want to set an alarm and then have it mute. We have the vibrate option for that. The low volume it allows you to use still wakes up people in the next room. That's too loud. I do not need a loud volume of any means for an alarm. I am used to headboard clocks that allow you to set the volume to a very low setting. I have seen other comments here and on other sites that defend alarm clocks being so loud as to wake the dead. It is understandable for heavy sleepers, but not everyone is like that. 

0 Likes
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
you can also check different clocks in the galaxy app store or Google apps, you might find a clock that suits your needs 😉
0 Likes