Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm Volume too high with Freestyle Librelink App

(Topic created on: 24-08-2022 03:12 PM)
DaiB
First Poster
Options

Hi. I use the Abbot Freestyle Libre blood glucose monitor with the Librelink App. The Low Glucose & High Glucose Alarms installed by the App are too loud and adjusting the Notification slider or handset buttons doesn't enable the alarm to be set low enough. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Members_HkwZUTz
First Poster
Options

I agree, i can not use the alarm function due to this. Why? Did they take away the option? If ppl did not wake up or whatever it should be up to them to raise the alarm, not that abott raises it for everyone...

0 Likes
DaveB4
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your reply. I am the original poster with a new ID. I have largely solved the problem by downloading a few new Notification MP3s from the web to use for the Alarms. I've found one or two which last 5 to 10 secs and have much lower volume. Perhaps one day between Samsung, Abbot and Google/Android there will be a solution to this problem which currently is not acceptable.

In case you are wondering why I have a new ID I had to fight the Samsung website to login and it forced me to create a new account - this also needs fixing. The joys of technology......

0 Likes
Taxman57
First Poster
Options

Would you please share what you downloaded?

My urgent low alarm is too loud and wakens family.

0 Likes
Wils07
First Poster
Options
Hi. How did you set a custom sound? When I go to Alarm Tone -》Sound, I can select the standard sounds that come with my phone and there's a Custom section that has the Libre sounds, which I can delete, but there's no option to add a different custom sound. Thank you.
0 Likes
Sparky123
First Poster
Options
I have just got a Samsung phone and the alarm level for the freestyle libre app is to loud. It's causing problems with my family any ideas how to reduce it
0 Likes
DaveB4
First Poster
Options

You do need to add another Alarm tone to the phone. I found this one on the web to be suitable: 'mixkit-orchestral-emergency-alarm-2974'. The website for this 'mixkit.co' or just Google 'mixkit'. You need to add any new sounds in the S20 Internal storage 'Notifications' folder. You can connect the S20 to your PC/Laptop etc, and the internal storage folder should appear in the Explorer window. Just drag 'n drop the sound file to the Notifications folder and then go to the Librelink App and change to this new sound for either or both High & Low Alarms.

0 Likes