Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Adding Words to Personal Dictionary in S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 23/10/20 15:54)
charika
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi, does someone knows how to add/delete words to the Personal Dictionary in Galaxy S20 Ultra?

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
TessM
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hey @charika ,

you can do this by following these steps: Select Settings on your Android phone. Tap on Language and Keyboard. Go to the menu where you can access settings for the User dictionary (sometimes called Personal dictionary) Once you are there, you may manually add the words by pressing Add and then OK after typing a particular word.

0 Likes
charika
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Thank you for answering, but apparently this doesn´t work in S20 Ultra

It says...

Settings

General management

Language and input

and from here I don´t see anything like User or Personal dictionary.

Could you be more specific please?

0 Likes
TessM
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Apologise for the confusion here. It seems that the S20 keyboard learns from the use, which means that the most used words are saved and showed to you if you have the Predictive text-enabled from Settings> Language and input> On-screen keyboard> Samsung keyboard> Smart typing> Predictive text.

charika
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

I suppose this is what it does.  The only problem is that it learns very slow, because I keep writing the same word over and over, and it doesn´t recognize.  Maybe because I am using two languages.  I´ll have a little bit more patience.

Thank you!

sheenabean
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
had mine from day one (release date) and it still can't spell my son name.
Tuggerman84
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Samsung does not like or support swear words, slang, or even proper sexual words like *****, breast or *****. I'm not sure if it's because of developers Asian culture or what but it's backwards and annoying.  They need to create a North American dictionary or allow custom dictionary again. 

Edit* Samsung *'d out proper English words describing sex organs!!! What kind of ***** is this Samsung!?! The words they blocked were P E N I S and V A G I N A.  THIS TYPE OF CENSORSHIP IS WRONG.  THESE AREN'T DIRTY WORDS. 

AsadM
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi @Tuggerman84. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding this, but as this is a family friendly platform, we only want appropriate topics to be discussed on here. Whether the words in question are 'dirty' or not, they're not appropriate as when you take into everyone's thoughts into consideration, and the context of the page you're posting messages relating to this. Also, there'll be a large group of people who will differ from what you consider wrong. This information is outlined in the terms and conditions you would've agreed to when you joined this Community. I hope this helps but if you'd like more information on this, you can find this by scrolling to the bottom of the Community page > Terms and Conditions. 

0 Likes
Tuggerman84
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Well if words from the Webster dictionary aren't family friendly I'm not sure what are? Whether i think slang is right or wrong is a separate issue.  But how can you censor proper English words found in the dictionary and used in classrooms? Must you appease the frigid at the expense of everyone else? I look forward to your answer

Deewreck82
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

What exactly would be the appropriate word for p e n i s? Weiner, ding *****, etc? It's absurd that Samsung would sensor the medical / proper terms for body parts. How many kids are seriously going into these forums? Even if they are, what's the issue? Censor vulgar words all you wish but to sensor out legitimate and proper words is beyond uptight. It makes it seem like the poster is saying something vulgar when in fact they aren't.