Did you mean: 

Accidental touch protection problem

(Topic created on: 03-01-2023 07:07 AM)
cyber
Navigator
Options
S20 plus 5g 
One UI 5 Android 13 
I had mega problems with accidental touch protection. I got stuck on this screen and couldn't get out of it. I couldn't even reboot. I struggled for long minutes and finally got out of it. The first thing I did then is to de-tick accidental touch protection 😀
 I don't think it is the update because I've been on Android 13 for weeks without any problem
17 REPLIES 17
Options
Unlike you, I DO think it's android 13. I have the S20 5G. I had absolutely zero problems beforehand. Update to Android 13 and voila, accidental touch is a nightmare. Same for my wife.
Harry_Notouch
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. S20 5G, recently updated to Android 13 and the problem has just started. Took many attempts until I finally unlocked the phone and was able to disable the feature. It is impossible to use the phone or even reboot it in this situation which could pose a serious problem if it were to happen during an emergency. I hope Samsung is looking into this.

UI version: 5.0

Android 13

Kernel: 4.19.87

Patch level: 1 Dec 2022

Slaniakitty
First Poster
Options

It is the update. I have Galaxy A71 and since the update the Accidental Touch Protection is a nightmare. What used to be a simple side swipe is now 20 horizontal swipes and a table flip.

glenchen68
First Poster
Options

A52 5G/One IU 5/Android 13/Kernel 4.19.152/patched 01Dec2022

ATP was set to "On" and got locked out of my A52 5G for close to an hour, and just could not access the phone or reboot. I hate to think what would happen if it happened in an emergency. Lockout duration should not have to be that long even when multiple accidental touches were detected, at best 5 minutes? 

dbv333
First Poster
Options

I'm having exactly the same problem on S20 5G, and have had to turn off the ATP. Come on Samsung, time to sort this please!

Members_rhaUKAo
First Poster
Options

Same here.  Was using ATP with no problems, my SG A71 updated to Android 13, and immediately ATP locks me out of my phone.   Very frustrating and have had to turn it off after the last time, when I tried 30 times !  Enough Samsung, get it sorted, updates are supposed to be improvements not break the phone !

Lymbo
First Poster
Options

Yup. I have an A71. Before the update it was fundamentally useless. Very often at work I'd pull my phone out and it's either on emergency phone with digits typed in, sometimes it's even called. The YouTube mini player on the lock screen drove me up the wall. I frequently listen to long videos and my phone would touch my thigh and skip to a random point in the video, leaving me to search for my original place. Then of course it would pop up every time I actually tried to use my phone in low light. 

Now, after the update, all that has stopped. However this consequently made it impossible for me to get past it when I actually want into my phone. I have to turn my screen off and on again to get past it. I'll take that over the previous issues but it's still incredibly frustrating.

0 Likes
compass96
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I agree. It's so frustrating now. Before it was easy to dismiss. Why did they ever change it to swipe up?
Members_u7n1GrD
First Poster
Options

Its honestly so stupid, I woke up to my alarm going off, couldn't turn it off because accidentally touch protection decided to activate itself and wouldnt allow me to turn it off. My dumb ass being tired decided to spam power button and volume button, well let's just say I had an awkward conversation with the emergency service call operator... I've had this stupid glitch for months now.

0 Likes