Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g band Competibity

(Topic created on: 29-07-2021 01:46 AM)
Nvd09
Student
Options
Samsung s20 ultra 5g model. G988u1. Not supported N78 band . Its not connecting with 5g in UK. So kindly add this band in next spftware update.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Where did you buy it? Are you 100% sure it's a UK version of the phone? Samsung make different versions for different global regions which support a specific network bands only. You may have a grey import if you bought it online from anywhere other than Samsung themselves
0 Likes
Nvdjee
First Poster
Options
Its a US version unlocked phone. G988U1
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
You may be out of luck then as the radio hardware inside the phone is the limiting factor. They can't just add support for another county via a firmware update
Nvdjee
First Poster
Options
Can i change a firmware like in UK G988b is working and suporting n78 band. What you think its works
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
No, don't start messing with cross-flashing firmware not meant for your model. You risk breaking it completely even if it lets you get as far as flashing without point blank refusing to proceed. Moreover such questions aren't allowed on this forum
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
Unfortunately you can't just flash another models firmware on your phone you'll only be able to flash US versions of the firmware
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
5G is not going to work on that device, in the UK. As Antikythera states, it's a hardware issue.
Nvd09
Student
Options
Great got it . Thanks for every one guide me. And save me for messing up.