Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g seemingly not working

(Topic created on: 27-06-2021 11:00 AM)
J4k00
Apprentice
Options
I've just bought an s20 ultra 5g as I broke my s20fe. I put the sim in the ultra and 4g doesn't seem to be working. I put the sim in another phone to check if it was poor coverage/signal but 4g showed up straight away. I've checked the network settings, it's currently on "GLOBAL" do I need to change it? There isn't a 4g option. It's not a 5g sim/ tariff so wouldn't get 5g.
Is there something I need to do manually to get 4g going?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This may work for you

Switch between 3G/4G - Samsung Galaxy S20

Swipe up.

Select Settings.

Select Connections.

Select Mobile networks.

Select Network mode.

Select your preferred option

AndrewL
Options

@J4k00: Where did you purchase the S20 Ultra from, and where are you currently based? The 'Global' network option seems to be a feature of US devices, therefore if you're based outside the US then this may be why you're experiencing this issue. You may wish to try heading to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Data Roaming, and disable this option if applicable, to see if this helps. Also, try tapping on Access Point Names > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Reset To Default. 

J4k00
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the tip. I purchased it from amazon renewed via a UK seller (am based in uk) there doesn't seem to be a 4g option only LTE etc. I'm able to get H/H+ but doesn't seem to want to go higher. Screenshot_20210626-130148_Call settings.jpg
0 Likes
J4k00
Apprentice
Options
After doing some digging around and looking at the csc code and checking the processor , it is infact a US model.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@J4k00: I'm sorry to hear that. Although not ideal, I recommend reaching out to the seller to arrange a refund, as software and hardware variances in the device will create compatibility issues with some apps and services, such as those you've encountered with your Mobile Data connection. 

0 Likes