Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

108mp images look like oil painting (s20 ultra)

(Topic created on: 31-03-2021 09:36 PM)
jevm
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20210331-223327_Gallery.jpg

Does anyone experience the situation, that when you do a 108mp photo, objects which are in big distance from you appear as oil painting at maximum magnification (not the zoom, but if you bring the shot to maximum size in image viewing software)

9 REPLIES 9
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Maybe u can pretend ur an artist now 🤷
G_erm
Pathfinder
Options
Lol
0 Likes
jevm
Journeyman
Options

If we speak in a humorous way, yes. And if not, then for me it looks like a poor image processing algorithm. If you go to any of the press release/marketing page, you would see that this HM1 sensor lets you capture great amount of details, crop in, etc. But is it really so? I would not call above result a detailed one. 

Samsung could've at least make this blurring/smoothing optional or allow to capture in Pro mode or RAW. Then we would have choice how to deal with the detail/noise/distortions.

Joeeye
Maestro
Options
How far did you crop in?
0 Likes
jevm
Journeyman
Options

Well, what I did is just increased the size of a photo till the maximum what is possible on the phone itself

0 Likes
Haytch
Helping Hand
Options
Mine look the same.. When you zoom in really close it looks like painting
Haytch
Helping Hand
Options
P

20210401_173154_resized(2)_105832.jpg

0 Likes
NatanTeam
Student
Options

My 21s also does this. Very disappointing!

Samsung should release an update to fix/change this ridiculous effects!

Oil Painting Effects Samsung.jpg

Pamela22
Student
Options

Yep, my s22 ultra does this. Super annoying! I got it because it said it was one of the best cameras out there right now, especially for zoom. But I don't call this a good camera result. Looks like a very distorted Photoshop effect.