Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

whatsapp on s 20 plus voice message makes like a pixel error at the top of the screen...

(Topic created on: 15-03-2020 07:06 PM)
calin3
Apprentice
Options

Like the subject says whenever I use whatsapp on s 20 plus voice message I get like a pixel error (a weird circle) at the top of the screen, very small but it is there... I tried it on 2 phones and... same problem. I asked my first phone to be replaced because I thought it was faulty but the second.. sane issue. My question is: is this an app problem or a samsung sceen problem. Does anybody else have this issue ?

Thank you all for listening 

PS: everything is up to date

16 REPLIES 16
ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

Are you referring to a little yellow flashing dot in the notification bar? I've noticed this before on my S10 Plus during phone calls.

EDIT: Just tried this on my S20 Ultra. I don't see the dot in WhatsApp when recording a voice message but it could just be that it's not easy to see. However when making a phone call I do see a flashing grey dot slightly below and to the right of the camera sensor. 

0 Likes
tacastas
First Poster
Options

I also have it. Try to touch it - the screen becomes dark.I am waiting for the answer from Samsung but it Is kind of sensor for sure

0 Likes
calin3
Apprentice
Options

I made some photos with the issue...I would also like to mention that I only get the dot when I listen to voice messages not when I send them, with gaming seems also fine ... Untitled-1.jpg

ConcreteLlama
Navigator
Options

Out of interest if you take a screenshot rather than a photo of the screen does it still show up? May be difficult to capture if it's blinking though.

0 Likes
Mohammed811
First Poster
Options

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM! i dont know if its intentionall or maybe its normal to do that when the sensor is on IMG_3509.jpeg

0 Likes
calin3
Apprentice
Options

Took a bunch of screenshots but i was not able to capture it. What does that mean? Besides the fact that maybe my reaction time is awful 😂

Solution
Dazzx
Apprentice
Options

It's the proximity sensor and is normal

Solution
pobox112
Apprentice
Options

If you put your finger on the flashing pixel - the screen goes blank immediately. Anywhere else has no effect. 
I got caught out with this and treated it as a fault and reported it. It would have been useful if the support centre had been able to tell me what it was as many people must report this. There was an entry in the US Community regarding this which gave me the answer. Now I know I can adapt to it...

0 Likes
-eMeM-
Explorer
Options

I have the same in Viber app...never have something like this before 😕

0 Likes