Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultra 512gb out of stock... Again. US store

(Topic created on: 26-02-2020 04:13 PM)
KatMaehl
Student
Options

So, I finally was going to bite the bullet and pre order my first phone ever, way exciting right? Well I had been looking at them for a week and finally decided to go with the cosmic black, 512gb. 

Out of Stock! 

I read some community posts that say they come back in stock regularly, but alas I have not yet had the pleaure of finding this out. Talked to a customer service guy, said they'd be back in stock before launch, spoke to another guy hours later said 2-3 days.

Has anyone had luck getting one on restocking? Or is it just a pipe dream?

8 REPLIES 8
ColoradoMurf
First Poster
Options

Ordered my 512 Ultra Unlocked on the 24th (Tuesday). It was out of stock Monday and most of the day Tuesday. Then I happened to check again in the afternoon and it was back in stock. It has a delayed ship date of March 14th with a delivery date of the 17th. 

Might end up cancelling my order and getting the same deal from Best Buy (which still has stock). That way I can pick it up on the 6th. I would just miss out on the cash back I got on Samsung's site. 

0 Likes
KatMaehl
Student
Options

Yeah I really wanted the buds + but I'm afraid if I wait to get a preorder here, I'll lose my chance at all. And I'm desprate for that camera... I live on a farm in Costa Rica and love getting the nature shots, and with my current Note9 photos are good, but not best. 

Be best y'all! 

0 Likes
s20ultra
First Poster
Options

Same issue for past 7 days. How can you get their freebies when they won't let you preorder? Really poor foresight on Samsung's part. 

floorlizard
First Poster
Options

A couple of quick questions: I wanted the unlocked Ultra 512gb and was going to buy it through Samsung due to getting $600 trade on my s10+, the Samsung 0% credit, and 10% cashback through Rakuten. All of the other discounts and deals seem nearly the same from the carriers and Amazon, etc. In looking through the different carriers, some of them show the 512gb version as being available for preorder, though delivery will be delayed for a couple of weeks. First, can I use the Samsung credit deal to pay for the 'locked' carrier phones? Since Samsung is the seller, I assume I can. Second, if I do that what stops me from carrying the phone to another carrier since I am not getting the credit through the carrier? 

0 Likes
ColoradoMurf
First Poster
Options
You can't use the $200 ($235 if you Pre-Registered) Samsung credit towards the cost of an S20. You can only use it to purchase accessories. Things like cases, 45W charger (currently out of stock), etc.

Second. You can buy a carrier branded phone and take it to any other carrier. The phones are all "Carrier Unlocked". The difference being that the Unlocked version of the phone doesn't come with the carrier specific software (mostly bloatware). Things to remember when purchasing the Unlocked version: 1) You will get updates according to Samsung's update schedule instead of when it is released by the carrier. They are usually last to get the update... but were still decent on my S10+. Some features might not work on the Unlocked version. Things like WiFi calling on the unlocked will not work on Verizon for example because it doesn't have the Verizon software installed. That might have changed but I would look up on Google for your carrier. Do a search for Wifi Calling Unlocked Phone <Insert Carrier Name>

Honestly. I ordered the S20 Ultra 512 with a delivery date of March 17th but I think I am going to cancel my order and get the 128gb version. Reasons:
- Now they are finally offering 7.5% off for Perks at Work members (didn't offer on my original order)
- Still getting the 10% Rak cash back
- Now they are also offering 4 months Youtube Premium free which they didn't when I ordered my phone
- Delivery would be the 6th on the 128
- You can buy a 512gb SDHC card for $80 and basically the same phone for $100 cheaper.

The only thing is the 45W charger is now out of stock on Samsung but I can buy from Amazon or Best Buy.

Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Mitovius8a
First Poster
Options
Same here, we are moving towards mid May and still S20Ultra5G.512Gb.cosmicblack OUT OF STOCK. Tried the chat option within the Samsung shop app. They had no idea nor comment on when will it be available . Referred me to a customer service # 1-855-726-8721. Samsung voice support
Ned23
Student
Options

No luck for me.  I've been checking every couple of days.  I've already got a 128GB phone and I'm not spending $1400 to get a new phone with 8k video and no memory upgrade.   Too bad they didn't offer 256 GB, because that would have been fine.   Obviously, there are things going on in the world that are causing delays but it would be good if Samsung would do a press release about the availability so customers know what's going on. 

0 Likes
Nldutchyjay
Journeyman
Options

Youre in luck! Its the universe telling you youre about to waste a ton of money! 

Please read the forum here. Imo, there are sooo many issues with the s20 (especially the camera glass cracks that everyone gets, yet is no design flaw by samsung on the ultra).

Had 2 S20's, both returned to the store. Save your money and buy a good phone, is my advice. You will be thuroughly disappointed spending your hard earned money on such a ***** phone.

Also, by the way, you cannot use the s20 outside in direct sunlight "because for your own safety". Great feature, samsung!

0 Likes