Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

SIM Card Manager on S20 always pops up whenever phone is started

(Topic created on: 25-03-2020 01:48 PM)
Aicheff
Journeyman
Options

Whenever I start or restart my S20, the Sim Card Manager displays after a few minutes. I only have a single Sim card installed with a memory card in the 2nd slot. I have applied all updates. 

The Sim card works fine so it's not a major problem but is irritating. 

17 REPLIES 17
Solution
Aicheff
Journeyman
Options

The latest Android update seems to have fixed this. 

0 Likes
Bluety
Student
Options

i have updated my S20. There is only 1 Sim and other slot is empty. I am getting this same issue at start up!!

0 Likes
KirilK
Explorer
Options

It resurged for me wiht the May update. I was rather annoyed but today I got it solved very simple.

I pressed "Cancel" when the SIM Manager poped up adn told me it would disconnect the eSIM1 to check for physical SIM cards.

That was it. I then restarted the phone several times and it did not prompt me to disconnect eSIM1

0 Likes
amey01
First Poster
Options

"Being investigated" a year ago. For how long must we put up with this issue. Sim Card Manager pops up on every second start of S20. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I have this problem on my S9+... so it could not be device dependent.

Whenever I put the S9+ in Airplane mode (during my sleep) the SIM Card Manager keeps popping up every now and then. I have no solution... I'll try to report it with the Samsung Members app but I have very little confidence they'd fix it because of our reports... at some point, some Samsung Executive will be bothered and grow tired of this bug and probably only then they'll go after it.

Update: I've installed the Samsung Member app. Whatever I do (change settings, try to initiate a report) the app crashes after the message "You need to verify your account". The END, period. I am afraid Samsung you're unfixably BROKEN.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

How can your answer which doesn't seem to help at all be marked as a solution?

It hasn't fixed my problem on the S9+ and judging the other replies hasn't fixed a single S20 as well... as the two problems are probably not device related, s9 or 20 doesn't really matter.

0 Likes
lucidnx
Explorer
Options

I had this issue on my Note 20 Ultra, now it's present on Z Fold3... Fix that please! I'v also reported bug trough samsung members but slovak support there is useless, they just suggest to factory reset phone and don't do anything else...

0 Likes
lucidnx
Explorer
Options

Also if you just cancel that popup, esim stop working after some time.. I'v tried that maybe 3 times and maybe after 5 hours esim stopped working - I was unable to make call.

0 Likes