Support

Open search

Samsung Ultra autofocus issues May 2020

Highlighted

Since the new software update at the beginning of May, I am experiencing again issues with autofocus on front and back cameras. 

It's worse now than when I bought the phone. 

The update in March or April,  as I can't remember precisely when it was, seemed to have fixed it but now the May software update made the cameras looks like a disposable camera. The autofocus is gone, pictures come up all blurry and the quality of the images seems to have gone. 

I am hoping for an update to fix this issue !

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
GrandMaster

try to clear camera app data, if it does not work i'm sorry but it looks like that you need to wait for a software update.

Let's hope more and more people report on this...

Have a nice evening

Archer
Highlighted
Explorer

Hi I have s20+ and my autofocus way too often keeps hunting in static scenes (rear camera as I only use this one). Do you also suffer this kind of problem?

Highlighted
Apprentice

just received new update G988BXXU2ATE6 it makes huuuge difference . S20 Ultra. Autofocus improved a lot plus camera app ver.10.0.03.10. Option of close up zoom as well. Finally 

Highlighted

It cannot focus closely like a s20 plus still, hardware is hardware and llaws of physics cannot be smashed. The focal is what it is

Archer
Highlighted

Many of the focusing issues are not down to a physical limitation in the focusing ability of the lens, it is an issue with the autofocus software or ToF sensor reading.

Top Liked Authors