Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Upgrade Lounge Issues

(Topic created on: 12-02-2020 08:36 AM)
Michaelolah
Journeyman
Options

Keep trying to upgrade my s10 plus to the new S20 however everytime I get to the klarna page where it asks certain details boom the tab crashes and I complete the upgrade anyone else having the same problem?

913 REPLIES 913
Nanz89
First Poster
Options

Same for me. Credit history outstanding, earning more money and less outgoings since  last year and yet declined! Makes no sense. 

0 Likes
Gh0str1der
Explorer
Options

@Lochaos The whole purpose of the upgrade program is to be able to change your device after 12 months for the latest model without penalty. I would hazard a guess that the final payments is purely to assist in making the base price a more affordable option to the end user
Should you upgrade after 12 months the final payment is irrelevant and would only kick in should you decide to keep the phone in month 23.

That's how I understood it to be

Ninjakel
Journeyman
Options

Any normal upgrades yet? Are people still having problems today?

I'm waiting to upgrade until they've sorted out whatever going on, I cant afford to have multiple credit searches happen that will affect my credit rating. 

Lochaos
Pioneer
Options

Sorry samsung, you've just lost a loyal customer, not going to upgrade now, gonna keep my S10 plus and then jump ship to another brand, sick of this rigmerole, multi billion pound company and they can't even get this right again.

0 Likes
Brad2607
Pioneer
Options

Still haven't heard a thing and of course they still have my deposit and apparently neither Klarna or Samsung can do anything other than say "We don't know, our system sucks, hopefully it will resolve itself in a few days".

0 Likes
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

After reading all your comments on here and finding out that trading in my current device on the upgrade program only clears my current agreement then have to take out a new agreement for the full price of a new device which after doing the maths I'll be ending up paying nearly double what my monthly payments are on my current agreement!

I currently have the S10+ 516GB version running on 12GB ram, which is excellent by the way, so my only option really is to upgrade to the Ultra 516GB which upgrades to 16GB ram for myself to really see any difference here. Im happy with the current photos and videos my device takes and to be honest I'm not one to take lots of photos or videos anyway and I don't tend to mess with the different camera settings. That and the 10% deposit and the cost of accessories to protect the new device, it all mounts up.

All in all, I like the concept of what Samsung is trying to do with the upgrade program, the opportunity of giving it's customers a brand new flagship device every 12 months, but what they don't make you aware of is the costs of being able to have that luxury!

So I've actually had a long hard think about my options here after taking into account of the current situation I'm faced with and the ball ache you guys have experienced trying to upgrade and I've come to the conclusion that actually with the current device I have it's probably best i see out the current agreement i have with klarna for another 12 months and then look into upgrading to the latest flagship model and trade in my currentd device for a discount, perhaps the fold 2 might be available then!

0 Likes
ChrisJimHill
Pioneer
Options

I had the exact same issue!

Klarna have taken the deposit and I have received the confirmation email of said finance agreement, however, nothing from Samsung.

I called them up yesterday morning, shortly after making the transaction (if you can call it that), and was told I'd have to wait between 24-48hrs for an email to come through....I wait with bated breath.

0 Likes
Bebuuk
Journeyman
Options

I think I am done. 1 hard search, approx 25 soft searches. Excellent credit history, declined. After 5 years loyalty, I will be looking else where. Cannot being doing this every year. I have children to feed 

R12wan
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue with them. not had a call back since then. i did get my direct debit mandate come though.

0 Likes
BDante
Explorer
Options

Even if the issue is entirely at Klarna's end, Samsung have been woeful at dealing with the fallout.

I didn't go down the upgrade program route this time, I kept the s7 edge and s9+ for two years and the spec of the Ultra should make it doable again, but chose to pay by Klarna. Agreement agreed to and signed (immediate email confirmations, deposit showed as a pending transaction straight away), everything going to plan until I clicked to complete the transaction/return to the Samsung site. When it eventually loaded, over a minute later, it took me back to the screen offering the choice of payments and the phone was still in my basket.

Over 30 mins on hold when I tried to call and when I finally got through to someone it was too late in the evening for someone in the relevant department to help. Er, how about extending the opening hours on the night of a major launch when they know there will be increased need for support?

So I tried the contact form, more of my time wasted. It wouldn't allow me to upload screenshots of the pending transaction from my banking app or the confirmation from Klarna or even send a message.

Then I noticed the FB messenger option, clearly explained the situation and sent the screenshots. The first reply from Samsung asked me for a bloody order number, so my messages obviously hadn't been read and they sent a standardised reply. If I had an order number and the order was showing up in my account, would I have got in touch?

A few hours later I was asked for more details and eventually I got a reply with a number for the shop support team.

If there was a known issue with Klarna payments, why the heck hadn't anyone made sure ALL of the people dealing with messenger knew about it? I appreciate that I'm not the only person to have problems, but is it really acceptable to be made to wait a couple of hours between replies on messenger? Surely if someone gets in touch with such a serious issue, and people getting signed up to credit agreements without orders going through is bloody serious, they should be put in touch with someone to deal with the situation immediately? No sign of my problem being passed on to a supervisor/manager, just a number to call. Eventually.

Also, at no stage have Samsung acknowledged just how stressful this has been and how much of my time they have wasted.

The Shop Support Team were helpful, to a point, in being able to tell me there was an issue with Klarna, but that was about it. The person I spoke to was unable to look into things at Samsung's end and promised I'd be called back. So yet more waiting, 11am and no sign of a call yet.

This forum must be monitored by someone from Samsung? Even if it's only a brief apology/we are dealing with it as quickly as possible message, why aren't they acknowledging us?

0 Likes