Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Upgrade Lounge Issues

(Topic created on: 17-02-2020 08:05 PM)
Michaelolah
Journeyman
Options

Keep trying to upgrade my s10 plus to the new S20 however everytime I get to the klarna page where it asks certain details boom the tab crashes and I complete the upgrade anyone else having the same problem?

913 REPLIES 913
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

An update from Klarna Bank AB

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Multiple Credit Searches
We have been investigating reports of multiple hard credit searches to try to understand
these in more detail. Each customer should have one hard credit search and multiple soft
searches for their first attempted purchase. Then, if another attempt has been made, customers
should only have additional soft searches appearing on their Credit File. We are aware that in
some cases customers have reported that they have identified multiple hard searches on their
Credit File, which we are investigating further with Transunion (Klarna’s Credit Reference
Agency). We are speaking to Transunion again on Tuesday morning for an update. If there are
instances where multiple hard searches have been made for one attempted Samsung Upgrade
Programme purchase, please be assured that we will arrange for any additional hard searches
to be removed.

Declined after being accepted
If you have been accepted for the upgrade programme and subsequently experienced
an issue where you were unable to sign the credit agreement to complete the application and
have since been declined, we are currently working on a process where you will be able to
re-apply successfully. We will provide an update once this is in place and notify customers when
they can re-apply.

Deposits
If you experienced an issue regarding multiple deposits being taken, we can now confirm
that all customer deposits have now been released (where applicable). Customers affected will
be able to see the removal of the deposit hold on their bank account within 3-5 working days.
How long this takes will depend on your bank and how long they normally take to remove the
deposit payment hold.

Unable to sign agreements
For those individuals that were unable to sign their credit agreements, this issue has now
been resolved.

-------------------------------------------

yamyam67
Pioneer
Options

I have sent a tweet to Martin Lewis with details of the issue. I will post if he replies

Kjt57
Navigator
Options
Tried twice on pc with Firefox ver 73.0 (64 bit)
0 Likes
H0v1s
Explorer
Options

@SachikoT wrote:

If you're having issues with the 'Sign the Agreement' please share: 

• Device:
  • Browser:
  • Version:

We can see this is being used and really want to help. We're trying to learn from you to get the information to the right people. 

^SachikoT

Do you want us to Beta test your website to see if it works?

You should be advising people not to re-apply for the upgrade untill Samsung have sorted the issues and our credit searches have been wipped.

That is the professional honest approach to the issue.

0 Likes
grilo67
Navigator
Options

@SachikoT wrote:

An update from Klarna Bank AB

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Multiple Credit Searches
We have been investigating reports of multiple hard credit searches to try to understand
these in more detail. Each customer should have one hard credit search and multiple soft
searches for their first attempted purchase. Then, if another attempt has been made, customers
should only have additional soft searches appearing on their Credit File. We are aware that in
some cases customers have reported that they have identified multiple hard searches on their
Credit File, which we are investigating further with Transunion (Klarna’s Credit Reference
Agency). We are speaking to Transunion again on Tuesday morning for an update. If there are
instances where multiple hard searches have been made for one attempted Samsung Upgrade
Programme purchase, please be assured that we will arrange for any additional hard searches
to be removed.

Declined after being accepted
If you have been accepted for the upgrade programme and subsequently experienced
an issue where you were unable to sign the credit agreement to complete the application and
have since been declined, we are currently working on a process where you will be able to
re-apply successfully. We will provide an update once this is in place and notify customers when
they can re-apply.

Deposits
If you experienced an issue regarding multiple deposits being taken, we can now confirm
that all customer deposits have now been released (where applicable). Customers affected will
be able to see the removal of the deposit hold on their bank account within 3-5 working days.
How long this takes will depend on your bank and how long they normally take to remove the
deposit payment hold.

Unable to sign agreements
For those individuals that were unable to sign their credit agreements, this issue has now
been resolved.

-------------------------------------------

What about people who passed everything and are lacking the Samsung email confirming the order? Any news?

0 Likes
theroninhunter
Pathfinder
Options

@ @SachikoT

What about those of us that have been declined but have an excellent credit score

SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

Please can you confirm if as well if you are being rejected or you cannot click 'Sign the Agreeement'

@SachikoT wrote:

If you're having issues with the 'Sign the Agreement' please share: 

• Device:
  • Browser:
  • Version:

We can see this is being used and really want to help. We're trying to learn from you to get the information to the right people. 

^SachikoT

0 Likes
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

@theroninhunter, We're creating a summary of your experience and sharing them with Klarna. They will be proactively contacting you. This is the information that I have so far.

^SachikoT

yamyam67
Pioneer
Options

Lets see if they do contact everyone, if what they say is what I got told by there customer services today which was ....ITS NOT OUR FAULT ITS YOURS FOR GETTING DECLINED MULTIPLE TIMES

0 Likes
T0ny
Journeyman
Options

I received an e-mail from Samsung asking me if I was still interested and asking that I apply. I'm not applying again but waiting patiently for Samsung to confirm my existing order which has been approved by Klarna.