Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Upgrade Lounge Issues

(Topic created on: 13-02-2020 06:15 PM)
Michaelolah
Journeyman
Options

Keep trying to upgrade my s10 plus to the new S20 however everytime I get to the klarna page where it asks certain details boom the tab crashes and I complete the upgrade anyone else having the same problem?

913 REPLIES 913
sammyh25
Pioneer
Options
Be interesting to see what happens! Similar situation to yourself, except the deposit has cleared my account and been debited.

Will see how this play out.
0 Likes
BDante
Explorer
Options

Computer said no. Klarna greyed, not an option. PayPal worked though, probably the route I should've gone down in the first place.

Immediate confirmation email, order showing up in my account. The delivery day was a day later though.

Time to watch my bank account like a hawk for Klarna actually taking the money and hope my credit rating doesn't take too much of a bashing from this.

0 Likes
Daisenberg
Explorer
Options

@BDante wrote:

I just spoke to someone at Klarna who said to ignore the email confirming the agreement/DD, their system got no further than setting up an account for me. Which would tally with no purchase or scheduled payments showing in my account. The deposit won't leave my account. Not entirely sure I believed him, but there we go.

He was less certain about searches already on my file or what would happen when I try again. I guess I'll find out...

It is worth mentioning that although they didn't go as far as setting up the direct debit (even though the email stated otherwise), they still conducted a hard credit search which shows under your TransUnion credit profile (Credit Karma). 

The fact that they conducted a search implies they have received your details in order to assess your credit risk. What they have done with those details is questionable.  It appears they will state they have no record of our transactions and simply ask for us to go through the process again.  If that's the case, you will have TWO (or more) hard searches on your account, potentially impacting your creditworthiness.  We are being punished for something which is entirely NOT our fault and since there is no way to remove a search from your file, you will have to wait 2 years for it to naturally disappear.  I can't see how they can rectify this for us at this point..

0 Likes
Beany
Pioneer
Options

I did my upgrade but it said nothing about trading in my s10 from last years anytime upgrade? 

0 Likes
Daisenberg
Explorer
Options

@Beany wrote:

I did my upgrade but it said nothing about trading in my s10 from last years anytime upgrade? 

Doesn't sound like you upgraded.  It should ask about the condition of your S10, i.e. screen damage etc..

0 Likes
sammyh25
Pioneer
Options

@Beany Did you logon via the Upgrade Lounge and type in your loan agreement number to begin? 

0 Likes
Beany
Pioneer
Options
Yeah did all that, choose the device paid the deposit etc but nothing on trade in
0 Likes
sammyh25
Pioneer
Options
I'd give Samsung a call and check what the status of the order and trade in is? If you don't get the option to trade in your old mobile you'll end up with two credit agreements running, one from last year and your new one!
0 Likes
Beany
Pioneer
Options
Can’t get into the upgrade lounge now says that I’m not eligible to upgrade
0 Likes
theroninhunter
Pathfinder
Options

Not sure weather to try my luck again or wait  

0 Likes