Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20 ultra sim manager comes on at startup?

(Topic created on: 14-03-2020 10:04 AM)
Bryden
Pioneer
Options

Every time I switch on my phone the sim manager pops up, no apparent settings to change, I click done and back to normal. But why and how to stop it? Or maybe there's a setting I need to to change. 

Everything works fine 

Go to solution
78 REPLIES 78
KirilK
Explorer
Options

I have eSIM and regular sim on my ultra + microSD card.

Problem I have albeit minor is that every morning the SIM manager pops up and tells me it will disconnect the eSIM for a little while while to check the physicial SIM cards.

I wonder if that can be suppressed. I do not restart my phone ever except may be updates.

PS S20 Ultra is mighty impressive camera phone. I love the screen too in it's very default 60Hz HD mode. Here are few snaps I took before hunkering down and waiting for Corona virus to subside.  https://www.flickr.com/photos/kirilk/albums/72157713487224503

0 Likes
Bryden
Pioneer
Options

OK, here is a solution ( from Libb in reply to my same issue)(more workaround, but is works and that's important):

The issue is probably caused by 1 SIM card in slot 1 and SD card in slot 2 (probably also without SD).

Try this: remove the SD card and put any SIM into slot 2 so you have two SIM cards active. Confirm the dialog and restart the phone. Remove the SIM2 and return SD card back.

Now the dialog shoudn't display after reboot (works for me)

Weatherman
Navigator
Options

Hi guys - I tried this yesterday and it did not work for me on my S20 Ultra. I noticed that when I changed the sims around and push them back in the phone did not re-start, should it have done so? I did a re-start myself but the sim manager keeps coming up a min or so after power on.

0 Likes
Bryden
Pioneer
Options

It did not restart for me but manually restarted. Notification came up as before after adding the second sim, restart clicked done then put everything back to normal, closed and restarted the phone. Worth trying a second time if not already

0 Likes
Weatherman
Navigator
Options

Hi - As the S20 Ultra has the optiuon of using an eSIM I contaced my phone service provided (ee in the UK) and they sent me an eSIM to use in place of an actual SIM card. Its simply a QR code you scan with a few simple setup steps and problem sorted.

ikatar
Explorer
Options

My solution was to get a replacment unit. Works perfectly well now. 

0 Likes
KirilK
Explorer
Options

I did this thing with replacing the SD card with another nano SIM twice. It does not seem to help. The SIM mamanger appears each time I take the tray out i.e. before and after the restart. Last time it also appeared in the morning as usual. I will see what happens next morning...

It is not a big deal but is adaily neusence. Why should it disconnect every mornign to check the nano SIM card? It has not changed. It does not change.......same card all the time....

yes, eSIM card is simply a barcode you have to read and that is that. It is permanently in your phone. That is kind of good as I have a spare place for SD card. My podcasts and some bigger photos or videos can stay on the SD card. Nice touch there.

PS This morning the disconnect message greeted me again. I guess I should porbably write to Samsung support.

0 Likes
Weatherman
Navigator
Options
Oh dear, I thought switching to an eSIM would fix the issue for me. Unfortunately I get a different message each time I turn my phone on! Says we are disconnecting the eSIM to check the other SIMs not that I have anything in slot 1 or 2. I am sad....
0 Likes
JACD
First Poster
Options

hello! Thank you for this solution. It worked for me. But everytime I remove the sim in the sim card slot number 2,  the simcard manager pops up again after I restarted my phone without the second sim.. 

0 Likes
London2tim
Helping Hand
Options

can confirm the latest system update did not solved this issue