Support

Open search

s20 ultra (exynos) heating up really badly !

Highlighted
Apprentice

Mine is also heating when using camera. I found autofocus a bit better since last month upgrade but not prefect like you would expect for 1400.

To extend battery life I had to do the followin with some ads hacks or trough bixby:

Switch to 96hz the display

Put medium battery saving mode

Dark mode

Disable 5g

Put most of my apps to sleep

I got 6-7 h sot

Still, I felt disappointed as most SD equivalent don't need to do the same to achieve this

Probably my last Samsung...

Highlighted
First Poster

Totally agreed! Can't believe my $1,500 phone is just a piece of junk! Overheating issues,  lagging games, and the autofocus is... well don't even get me started on this. Why selling us the Exynos version (I'm based in London) when the quality is so sh****! Samsung, honestly fix your garbage!

Highlighted

Same problems here.. S20 Ultra. Exinos. ACTC Firmaware. Its a shame for a 1400 phone 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Same situation, heating over 30 min that COD mobile is unplayable. If turn off mobile data, perhaps its decrease heating for some time. Not satisfied with pre-ordered phone

Highlighted
First Poster

Same experience here, overheating is terrible and battery life is shocking.

Samsung have scored a major own goal with this shocking processor.

I'm lucky if I get 4.5 hours screen on time and that's while on WiFi all day. 

I'm concerned that the battery life is going to dive even further once things get back to normal and people are out and using cellular data again. 

What are Samsung thinking ruining what is a stellar phone by putting this piece of junk processor in it. 

Highlighted
First Poster

I have the same problems too. My camera somehow maked clicking noises when i use a camera-app. My camera doesnt make high quality photos. My battery dies very quickly. Neither can i use netflix or disney+ on my phone before it gives a bright blue screen with some codes on it. I am actually very disappointed in this phone/brand.

Highlighted

same as me, and the battry cannot stand for long time however the battery is 5000mah. I hope samsung will improve this and take action of this bad thing.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Uding dual sim version, Exynox of course. Using my S20 Ultra at 60Hz refresh rate and FHD+ screen, Power mode - optimized with adaptive power saving enabled. Video enhancer mode is off. 

Took it off the charger at 9:00am, not it's 1:34 and battery at 65% with minimal use. No videos, no games, no streaming.

Phone is LTE only, not a 5G version. 

My Huawei P30 Pro did heavy liftling all day long with streaming, video play etc and by 10:00pm it still had 40-45% of juice left. I don't really understnad why Samsnug is srewing it's customers with Exynox and such products for USD 1600 (in Turkey). Probably because they thought Huawei is dead due to lack of google cr@p on their new models.

Pity indeed. No more Samsungs for sure.

Highlighted
Pathfinder

What's really stupid is, that it IS possible with exynos and high refresh rate they just don't seem to care to find out why so many have bad battery life. Here's a screenshot from yday, 10h SoT. Exynos, 96Hz, games, social media everything normal optimized mode.

Screenshot_20200415-140756_Device care.jpg

Highlighted
First Poster
You need to get that replaced. That's next level faulty.
Top Liked Authors