Support

Open search

S20 ultra bad zoom

Highlighted
Explorer

is there going to be some kind of update to the s20 ultra,s zoom? The images after 10x are so prossessed and smoothed out they are unusable. I don't expect a 100x zoom picture to be perfect but at the moment it is bad.not like the 100x image Samsung promoted at the unpacking event.wether the huawei p40 ro plus is going to be better I don't know but from what I have seen so far of their 100x zoom samsung really need to up their game with an update for their zoom.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
GrandMaster

well it is a 100x digital zoom coming from a 4x optical zoom and a 10x cropped semi digital zoom, i wonder what you expected from that

Archer
Highlighted
I expected something a little better from a £1.200 phone.i will never pre order again.just wait for real reviews to come out.even if samsung if would stop over prossessing the image so it wouldn't look like an oil painting would be better than we get.
Highlighted

@Keith59 wrote:
I expected something a little better from a £1.200 phone.i will never pre order again.just wait for real reviews to come out.even if samsung if would stop over prossessing the image so it wouldn't look like an oil painting would be better than we get.

yeah never preorder

Archer
Highlighted
I won't.never again.
Highlighted

Awful camera- I am not impressed. I've just sold the P40 Pro to purchase this and I am so disappointed. The focus in general is very poor - focusing on the wrong areas, fringing around the edges and general smoothing. The P40 Pro blew this device out of the water. I took moon shots at x50 and the result was phenomenal. The 20 Ultra cannot produce anything like that quality, even at X30. Night shots are surpassed by the Z flip that I own. Sorry but I can't recommend this device at all, even at the £775 that I paid. I shall definitely be selling on and rebuying the P40 Pro!

Highlighted
Just use 10x or 30x zoom and crop it yourself, not going to get any better results using 100x
Top Liked Authors